Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi IB Historians,
    In Paper 2 (HL & SL), we were pretty much only taught Origins of the Cold War - 1949. Is there guaranteed to be a question on that in the exam? Or do you think it would be a good idea to be prepared on things up until Berlin and Cuba - 1962.
    Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    mate its gonna be hard to guess
    there will be origins of cold war
    at least 2 questions
    do you have any historians views etc?

ReputationRep:
    Yes of course man. What I'm wondering is will there definitely be an Origins question

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know? Help would be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    There will almost certainly be an Origins question, but it could be really tricky! I reckon if you have time try and prepare a bit more but if you've only done origins then you probably know it in quite a lot of detail which will be good if it's a difficult question

ReputationRep:
    does anyone think there could be a causes of ww1 question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hlangshaw1)
    There will almost certainly be an Origins question, but it could be really tricky! I reckon if you have time try and prepare a bit more but if you've only done origins then you probably know it in quite a lot of detail which will be good if it's a difficult question
    Hi there, thanks for the advice! Just out of interest, what sort of questions would you consider tricky/ is there one in particular you know of that I could do a practice essay on?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warndog)
    Hi there, thanks for the advice! Just out of interest, what sort of questions would you consider tricky/ is there one in particular you know of that I could do a practice essay on?!
    You may wanna check out the website xtremepapers.com as it has a tonne of IB papers for all subjects which is what I've been using a lot for revision in terms of difficult questions, I chose a random paper which happened to be May 07 and there was a question "Analyse the part played by cuba in the development of the cold War." which to me is next to impossible!! I don't think I have ANY info on Cuba for the origin of the cold war!? HOWEVER there was also a really simple/nice question on ideology in the origins of the cold war and Germany in the origins as well just flick through papers see what you find!

ReputationRep:
    You have a choice of six questions- normally there's something relating to the origins of the cold war or motivation for conflict i.e ideology vs self-interest. Having said that it would probably be worth revising another chapter just to cover your back- Korea/Vietnam don't take very long

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.