Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

How to set SD card as default storage in galaxy s3 Watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I've recently purchased a Sandisk 64GB SD card, and I was wondering whether I could somehow set it as the default storage on my samsung galaxy s3?

My phone is running really low on memory, to the point where its slowing my phone doing considerably. Could really do with some help here... I have no idea what i'm doing Will rep!

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    If you go to google play you can download an app called "app2SD"

Install it and then transfer all the apps it recommends to the SD card. This will free up some space.

Do you have music/pictures on the phone as well?

If you do then you can transfer them over via the following instructions-
    Go to settings-
    Go to storage
    Under phone storage select" make more space"
    press next select whatever media you would like to go overto sd card example
    select music / pictures / or select all
    move to sd card
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sum Gai)
    If you go to google play you can download an app called "app2SD"

Install it and then transfer all the apps it recommends to the SD card. This will free up some space.

Do you have music/pictures on the phone as well?

If you do then you can transfer them over via the following instructions-
    Go to settings-
    Go to storage
    Under phone storage select" make more space"
    press next select whatever media you would like to go overto sd card example
    select music / pictures / or select all
    move to sd card
    Thank you! I'm going to download that app right now

Oh I figured out how to move the files there is no option to "make more space" on my phone though. The way I did it is I went onto "My Files", and moved the sub-categories from the "SDcard0" to "extSdCard". I'm sure other people who have that option will find that explanation useful though

Is there any way to make it the default storage?

ReputationRep:
    Oh my bad. I thought the make more space thing was on samsungs as well. But good to know you've done it a different way.

Unfortunately there is no way to make the SD Card default storage for apps. But you can for the camera. If you go to the camera then click on settings> then there should be an option to save to sd card. Select that and then images/Videos will save to the sd card.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sum Gai)
    Oh my bad. I thought the make more space thing was on samsungs as well. But good to know you've done it a different way.

Unfortunately there is no way to make the SD Card default storage for apps. But you can for the camera. If you go to the camera then click on settings> then there should be an option to save to sd card. Select that and then images/Videos will save to the sd card.
    Thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    Hi ive recently had an s3 and had to copy and paste to sd vids and pics when i went to play them from sd they were black screen and didnt work as a video. What happened ive now lost the vids coz i deleated after pasting very upset now.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 15, 2017
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.