Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

New league draft Watch

• View Poll Results: When should we do this draft?
    Now
    66.67%
    When the season ends
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    The boss has spoken!!

To be honest you did play ping-pong with the rules earlier in the game, fair play for not changing them now.
    I got a lot of stick for changing them even though it was what most people wanted so i'm definitely not changing them now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    I got a lot of stick for changing them even though it was what most people wanted so i'm definitely not changing them now
    To be honest we all have a wildcard which allows up to pick a player from any league in the world, so like you said we can use that. In my opinion keeping the available leagues limited will make the draft a lot more challenging and entertaining. More leagues is going to create a wider pallet of players to choose from and ultimately make it easier in the later rounds of choosing players. Also going back to the wildcard, it'll make it a lot more fun to see who has chosen who to be their wildcard

(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Hahaha 'Bambi on ice'. I always look to see which position has a shortage of top players and go for that one early. This Draft will be tougher though, a lot of players haven't built up a certain legacy where they're respected by the majority as a top player, it'll be a lot more opinionated I reckon.
    Agreed, all part of the fun I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    I think you need to include all European leagues because we look at the club they played most games for. This would rule out for example Suarez who has played more games for Ajax than Liverpool.

I'm sure there are lots of other examples.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Stop mentioning players!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh Leprecaun)
    Stop mentioning players!
    Yes, come on guys!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There has only been two picks so I think you can change it. Plus it was the two most obvious picks in the draft, you'd have to be clinically insane to pick anyone but Ronaldo or Messi for this time frame.

Personally I think it just makes the draft easier in terms of finding the best players available. The four most obvious and unimaginative leagues. You're not really having to think out of the box.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer this tbh, it appeals more to the masses and will end up garnering more votes per match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VQG)
    There has only been two picks so I think you can change it. Plus it was the two most obvious picks in the draft, you'd have to be clinically insane to pick anyone but Ronaldo or Messi for this time frame.

Personally I think it just makes the draft easier in terms of finding the best players available. The four most obvious and unimaginative leagues. You're not really having to think out of the box.
    We decided this earlier. If you want your own rules, make your own draft. We're going with this - play it if you want to or we'll have a reserve step in.

ReputationRep:
    We decided this earlier. If you want your own rules, make your own draft. We're going with this - play it if you want to or we'll have a reserve step in.
    You go girlfriend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh Leprecaun)
    Stop mentioning players!
    I was using an example to show that some decent players can't get picked despite playing their best football in one of the leagues.

I also mentioned Suarez as nobody in their right mind would pick him :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't expecting this to get started so quickly, I'm out of the country with no computer access so I haven't had a chance to do any player research. I'll also have to post without a picture as I'm on my phone.

I'm racking my brains for suitable players, and there's loads that I don't know whether their debut was before or after 2000 without looking it up. I think I'll just go with somebody that I know for sure fits the bill and go with Wayne Rooney

I'm definitely going to have to put a list of players together over the next couple of days!

(Original post by 419)
    Don't know if there's still space. If so, put me in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cant_think_of_name)
    You go girlfriend
    The Flash and VQC, I hope they get a game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    I wasn't expecting this to get started so quickly, I'm out of the country with no computer access so I haven't had a chance to do any player research. I'll also have to post without a picture as I'm on my phone.

I'm racking my brains for suitable players, and there's loads that I don't know whether their debut was before or after 2000 without looking it up. I think I'll just go with somebody that I know for sure fits the bill and go with Wayne Rooney

I'm definitely going to have to put a list of players together over the next couple of days!
    In general any player 30 or under will be okay as long as he has played the most games I'm the four leagues that are accepted. Of course players that are older and have debuted later count but most good players over 31/32 will not meet the guideline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    I was using an example to show that some decent players can't get picked despite playing their best football in one of the leagues.

I also mentioned Suarez as nobody in their right mind would pick him :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why would nobody pick him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cant_think_of_name)
    You go girlfriend
    Yeah!

Obviously I would crush him. Ronaldo 10-0 VQG

TBH i hope i don't play him - last time i think he made it to the finals

ReputationRep:
    Yeah!

Obviously I would crush him. Ronaldo 10-0 VQG

TBH i hope i don't play him - last time i think he made it to the finals
    He did have a pretty strong squad and his formations were fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    If only we were Uefa and could fix the draw. Much higher standards set here.

Btw, do you guys not know the first rule of a football draft?! It applies to every footballer ever except Emile Heskey and Ali Dia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    If only we were Uefa and could fix the draw. Much higher standards set here.

Btw, do you guys not know the first rule of a football draft?! It applies to every footballer ever except Emile Heskey and Ali Dia.
    No names!! And who says we cannot fix game:smug:

ReputationRep:
    Before my time to pick comes, this is a European Cup Competition draft right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    Before my time to pick comes, this is a European Cup Competition draft right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, it's obviously the South American Championship:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    No, it's obviously the South American Championship:awesome:
    :unimpressed:

I ask because a European league draft has previously been made :unimpressed: anyway I think your sarcasm has answered my query :hmpf:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.