Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

New league draft Watch

• View Poll Results: When should we do this draft?
    Now
    66.67%
    When the season ends
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    I'll go with Victor Valdes

(Original post by 419)
    x

ReputationRep:
    No way Huntelaar would have lasted this long if his club wasn't a wildcard pick. If his team was Schalke, he would have gone a few rounds ago, I guess people just were reluctant to use their wildcard.

Still a lot of great strikers out there too (not that I'm going to pick any).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh Leprecaun)
    They're a stand-alone club so I think he's off limits. Would have gone ages ago otherwise.
    Yeah that's what i said when he PMed me but i told him to ask it on the draft just in case

(Original post by Abiraleft)
    Could you (and others) just quote people in the same post you make your pick? Would make things a lot tidier. :ta:
    sorry but i'll do that from now on

(Original post by Cll_ws)
    I'll go with Victor Valdes
    Good pick considering how old the good goalkeepers are but hopefully i'll be able to get a good one too (i have a couple in mind)

(Original post by Stu Laverty)
    No way Huntelaar would have lasted this long if his club wasn't a wildcard pick. If his team was Schalke, he would have gone a few rounds ago, I guess people just were reluctant to use their wildcard.

I wasn't going to pick him either because of that but decided on going for him because i wanted a good striker and he was a godd wildcard pick - i had a few other strikers on my mind but he was the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Good pick considering how old the good goalkeepers are but hopefull i'll be able to get a good one too (i have a couple in mind)
    Yeah, many of the last decades best keepers were playing before 2000, but there are a few decent ones available. I thought I'd get in early whilst I had pick of the bunch.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, many of the last decades best keepers were playing before 2000, but there are a few decent ones available. I thought I'd get in early whilst I had pick of the bunch.
    Barring Neuer :cookie:

On an unrelated note... I want it to be my go it's nearly bedtime here!

ReputationRep:
    Jerome Boateng

ReputationRep:
    good idea - i might pick a goalkeeper in my next two goes but tbh at their best goalkeepers aren't going to make massive mistakes - i have two in mind who hopefully won't go by the time i get to picking them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)

It's on you.
    You go now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)

I considered him but felt that because of his failings at Real and AC, people won't look too kindly at him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cant_think_of_name)

Yeah yeah stop gloating about neuer!

Tbh it probably wont get to your go until you wake up (unless you sleep for a long long long time) especially as louis. isnt online right now).

Who do you have in mind.......?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    I considered him but felt that because of his failings at Real and AC, people won't look too kindly at him.
    He's judged at his best though and he was great for ajax and schalke

Also the same could have been said about kaka but.....

(Original post by 419)
    Jerome Boateng
    Was one of my shortlisted centre backs to partner subotic

ReputationRep:

You can PM me your pick as you are after me and I can slot them in one after another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    You can PM me your pick as you are after me and I can slot them in one after another.
    What a great idea!

:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    There are a fair few decent keepers left still if you don't consider the larger clubs but Valdes is still a solid choice.
    (Original post by 419)
    Jerome Boateng

Pretty clever choice due to his versatility as he can play anywhere across the back so that could be important for your formation.
    What a great idea!

:facepalm2:
    Well atleast PM someone as the game can keep moving if you know your going to be off for a long period of time.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah yeah stop gloating about neuer!

Tbh it probably wont get to your go until you wake up (unless you sleep for a long long long time) especially as louis. isnt online right now).

Who do you have in mind.......?
    I know I shouldn't gloat but I do like Neuer

Yeah I'm off to sleep now probs for about 9/10 hours so sorry if I'm holding the game up! You'll find out who I'm after soon enough

Good try

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm actually after Winston Bogarde

Well atleast PM someone as the game can keep moving if you know your going to be off for a long period of time.
    Yeah that's true actually... I'll give Abiraleft a shout seeing as he's not involved at all

ReputationRep:
    I know I shouldn't gloat but I do like Neuer

Yeah I'm off to sleep now probs for about 9/10 hours so sorry if I'm holding the game up! You'll find out who I'm after soon
    I was genuinely trying to keep the game moving as it is frustrating when you are waiting so long for your turn. Well, I'll quote you and Abiraleft if I get my go today. Btw I feel that you be looking for a forward as you were frustrated when someone earlier got one.

ReputationRep:
    There are a fair few decent keepers left still if you don't consider the larger clubs but Valdes is still a solid choice.
    There are yeah, I had about 4 in mind that I wouldn't have minded having, plus a couple more if people were willing to use their wildcard on a goalkeeper. In the last draft I was the last person to pick one and luckily it wasn't too difficult, but this time around I can't really think of 16 top quality keepers that meet the criteria.

Yeah that's true actually... I'll give Abiraleft a shout seeing as he's not involved at all
    You have two picks before my next one so I could post yours if you wanted. Now that i'm back home I have plenty of spare time, so I could keep an eye out for when it's your go.

ReputationRep:
    There's someone I really can't believe has lasted this long although I can't pick him myself :sad:

ReputationRep:
    There are yeah, I had about 4 in mind that I wouldn't have minded having, plus a couple more if people were willing to use their wildcard on a goalkeeper. But last draft I was the last person to pick one and luckily it wasn't too difficult in that one, but this time around I can't really think of 16 top quality keepers that meet the
    It is part of the reason I have left my wildcard as I have no idea where I should strengthen and what I should leave free.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    There's someone I really can't believe has lasted this long although I can't pick him myself :sad:
    Feel free to PM me......

Poll
Which web browser do you use?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.