Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

New league draft Watch

• View Poll Results: When should we do this draft?
    Now
    66.67%
    When the season ends
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    Damn it, was just about to post a player before realising he'd have to be a wildcard and I've already used mine. Anyway I'll go with Jovetic.

(Original post by Little_wizard123)
    x
    Your up.

Edit: Yeah sorry I was on the quote screen for a while so I completely missed that convo up top!

ReputationRep:
    Balzaretti almost certainly debuted in 1999, by the way. He made 17 league appearances for Varese in the 1999/2000 season. Serie C1 only has 34 games, so he'd have to play every single game in the second half of the season consecutively and none in the first half. Sounds pretty unlikely to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Balzaretti almost certainly debuted in 1999, by the way. He made 17 league appearances for Varese in the 1999/2000 season. Serie C1 only has 34 games, so he'd have to play every single game in the second half of the season consecutively and none in the first half. Sounds pretty unlikely to me.
    This is about as thorough as it can get

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    x
    you have to pick again

ReputationRep:
    Well I guess I pick Filipe Luis

Atletico Madrid - Brazil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    Well I guess I pick Filipe Luis

Atletico Madrid - Brazil

:unimpressed:

Was supposed to be my left back - thought he would go unnoticed

ReputationRep:
    If a player has most appearances for say Real Madrid B or Barcelona B, does that mean they'd count as a wildcard pick?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    :unimpressed:

Was supposed to be my left back - thought he would go unnoticed
    :smug:

You should be angry at everyone else but me, I picked Balzaretti remember :sly:

ReputationRep:
    Wiki says he should be a Deportivo player (including his loan spell) but I can't imagine that matters, if anything it's probably an advantage to have an Atletico pick remaining.

Enjoying this draft more and more now the picks are getting less and less obvious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    If a player has most appearances for say Real Madrid B or Barcelona B, does that mean they'd count as a wildcard pick?
    no those are reserve teams so those appearances dont count at all

ReputationRep:
    Lets say a player has
    50 appearances for Real Madrid B
    10 appearances for Real Madrid
    40 appearances for Malaga

I would say that they count as a Malaga pick. Dunno what anyone else thinks. :\

ReputationRep:
    :ditto:

Barca B or Real B or any B team doesn't count as professional in the rules.. :holmes: I think...

ReputationRep:
    no those are reserve teams so those appearances dont count at all
    But they play in the Spanish second division?

ReputationRep:
    But they play in the Spanish second division?
    thats because spain doesnt have a reserve league

ReputationRep:
    Gotta stay consistent, David Villa was allowed on the basis that his appearances for Sporting Gijon B in 1999 didn't count, so whether you agree with that or not the decision has been made and to keep it fair we should stick to it. Games for Spanish B teams aren't included.

ReputationRep:
    Not this again...

With Higuain, Benzema and Huntelaar going so late, I'll only feel happy if I pick my striker for my tenth/eleventh go.

ReputationRep:
    thats because spain doesnt have a reserve league
    I know that they're not eligible for promotion or anything, so they're not technically a competitive team, but I was unsure where the rules stood on it due to the fact that the player will have played in a professional league against professional teams.

Edit: Sorry, I think something along these lines was discussed regarding David Villa whilst I was away towards the start of the draft.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to little_wizard's previous picks, that means my next intended next pick is definitely available when my turn comes around.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to little_wizard's previous picks, that means my next intended next pick is definitely available when my turn comes around.
    Lucky...

ReputationRep:
    You're welcome.

I pick Martin Demichelis (Bayern Munich). Pretty amazed he's not been picked, although I've only just remembered him myself *rechecks list*. He's been pretty good at Malaga from what I've heard too.

Means I can have a less experienced centre back alongside him. Or central midfielder. So many options :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.