Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

New league draft Watch

• View Poll Results: When should we do this draft?
    Now
    66.67%
    When the season ends
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    Just realised how hard debuts after 2000 will be... a lot of the big players nowadays made debuts in 98, 99 for smaller clubs before moving up to bigger things..

ReputationRep:
    Seeing as most of the votes are for now and our 16 players have been selected I thought i would do the list right now:

Name:  new league draft.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  147.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VQG)
    x
    It's you to select first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cant_think_of_name)
    Just realised how hard debuts after 2000 will be... a lot of the big players nowadays made debuts in 98, 99 for smaller clubs before moving up to bigger things..
    I know i was looking for some goalkeepers and one that come to mind was cech and guess when he made his debut - october 1999!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good when do we start?

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good when do we start?
    We've started now seeing as most of the votes are to start now

I've quoted VQG because its his pick first but i'll pm him as well (although we all know what his pick is going to be!). I've put the order of the list up on the first post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Seeing as most of the votes are for now and our 16 players have been selected I thought i would do the list right now:

Name:  new league draft.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  147.4 KB
    Normally you get someone unbiased to do the draw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh Leprecaun)
    Normally you get someone unbiased to do the draw.
    Oh.....

I'll ask someone else to do it

ReputationRep:
    So are we picking PL players who debuted after 2000?

No other leagues?

ReputationRep:
    If it is then 1 player per team is going to be hard as hell, imagine if you wound up with the 16th best player of the last 10 years from Fulham, Villa, Everton, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH1')
    So are we confirmed to be starting now?

If so, can i get a clarification of the rules when picking players. In the OP it says;- "1 player maximum from each team"

Is this team as in club? What if they've played for different clubs, which one will be used? And is their a limit on the number of players you can pick of the same nationality..?
    We are starting now. It's one player maximum for each club and that is measured by the club they had most appearances for and there is no limit on the same nationality.

(Original post by pinda.college)
    So are we picking PL players who debuted after 2000?

No other leagues?
    The EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga and Serie A

ReputationRep:
    We are starting now. It's one player maximum for each club and that is measured by the club they had most appearances for and there is no limit on the same nationality.

The EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga and Serie A
    This is going to be tasty:yum:

ReputationRep:
    Damn, I had some nice wildcards lined up; Moutinho, Hulk, Neymar, etc. Can we at least have Ligue 1?

ReputationRep:
    If it is then 1 player per team is going to be hard as hell, imagine if you wound up with the 16th best player of the last 10 years from Fulham, Villa, Everton, etc.
    No it's the top 4 leagues in Europe so there's a good array of teams to choose from

ReputationRep:
    Damn, I had some nice wildcards lined up; Moutinho, Hulk, Neymar, etc. Can we at least have Ligue 1?
    I wanted to make it worldwide but the other players didn't so i changed the rules

Should I put it back to worldwide?

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to make it worldwide but the other players didn't so i changed the rules

Should I put it back to worldwide?
    Up to you tbh, you started the thread.

ReputationRep:
    The trouble with worldwide is that not everyone will be familiar will all the players, therefore they will disregard the players they don't know much about in their voting process. I realise we can research them and look at videos etc however, will everyone take the time to do this with every player they don't know? Also is it worth adding all the world leagues for a handfull of players who'll most likely get taken in the early pickings?

All down to you though OP.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't really think about that, I guess that's fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    Could we say have one wildcard each or something? we're missing out on Ibrahimovic, Neymar, Thiago Silva, Willian... it's up to you. Just a suggestion, but I agree there should be a limit Also, is it debuts in those four leagues? Debuts for their "major team"? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Could we say have one wildcard each or something? we're missing out on Ibrahimovic, Neymar, Thiago Silva, Willian... it's up to you. Just a suggestion, but I agree there should be a limit Also, is it debuts in those four leagues? Debuts for their "major team"? Thanks
    It's professional debut I think, so no Ibra either way :sad:

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.