Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

New league draft Watch

• View Poll Results: When should we do this draft?
    Now
    66.67%
    When the season ends
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Simon Rolfes, Bayer Leverkusen

He was a beast back in 2007-2008.
    A good choice. He was going to be my second defensive midfielder, but I really didn't want two box-to-box defensive mids with Khedira also on my team so went for Gargano. He also a great leader and I felt he deserved a few more international caps imo. Also, would have slotted in with my german spine of Hummels, Howedes, Ozil and Khedira.

ReputationRep:
    I am surprised that this player hasn't gone and I think his versatility to play anywhere in midfield will be useful so I will go for Toni Kroos

(Original post by cant_think_of_name)
    x
    Your go, mate.
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    x
    Do you have cant_think_of_name pick?
    (Original post by Deshi)
    I picked him I thought of an awesome attacking mid.
    I have feeling I may know who that is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    I am surprised that this player hasn't gone and I think his versatility to play anywhere in midfield will be useful so I will go for Toni Kroos

Your go, mate.

Do you have cant_think_of_name pick?

I have feeling I may know who that is.
    Very versatile player however, I think it's because everyone wasn't eligible to pick him after choosing the obvious quality players of Bayern.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Very versatile player however, I think it's because everyone wasn't eligible to pick him after choosing the obvious quality players of Bayern.
    Would have definitely picked him over Muller though.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Well that worked in my favour I guess. It will allow me to pick a few different formations and I think he is better than one or two of the other Bayern picks imo.

ReputationRep:
    A good choice. He was going to be my second defensive midfielder, but I really didn't want two box-to-box defensive mids with Khedira also on my team so went for Gargano. He also a great leader and I felt he deserved a few more international caps imo. Also, would have slotted in with my german spine of Hummels, Howedes, Ozil and Khedira.
    If it weren't for injuries and if he kept up his performances after 2008, he probably would have lots more caps. I suppose his loss was Germany's gain because his absence meant Khedira could get more opportunities.

I would have picked another DM but Gustavo was taken a few turns ago and the other one I wanted I couldn't get because I already have a player from his team.

Was also considering Kroos but Sneijder basically made him a worthless choice. Kroos sucks as a defensive midfielder most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    Well that worked in my favour I guess. It will allow me to pick a few different formations and I think he is better than one or two of the other Bayern picks imo.
    The better players I was implying all play in wider/defensive positions anyway, so Kroos will definitley be a stand out player depending on where in your formation you utilise him. Does that make sense, I felt rather confused typing that lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    If it weren't for injuries and if he kept up his performances after 2008, he probably would have lots more caps. I suppose his loss was Germany's gain because his absence meant Khedira could get more opportunities.

I would have picked another DM but Gustavo was taken a few turns ago and the other one I wanted I couldn't get because I already have a player from his team.

Was also considering Kroos but Sneijder basically made him a worthless choice. Kroos sucks as a defensive midfielder most of the time.
    I think with Lars Bender and the other defensive mids coming through at Leverkusen, he will slowly be fazed out even though he is captain.
    If I drop Kroos back, he would more likely be a defensive playmaker as his vision and long passing accuracy would be useful and with Gargano, more of a destroyer, it could work.

I have a couple of formations in mind that could work.

OR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    So it's official. Samir Nasri along with a whole lot of other wildcards are being left unpicked. Unless me or Samiz play with a rush-goalie.
    Can we start naming some wildcard picks that people haven't thought of then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    I had to delete my comment after realising Samiz had picked a keeper, and still has his wildcard left

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    I don't mind at all tbh, Kenan and Kel will be getting a keeper and I will be getting a left winger. So we could name other position maybe? Unless Kenan and Kel is playing rush back keepers,
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    I had to delete my comment after realising Samiz had picked a keeper, and still has his wildcard left
    Well I am happy to name players if you want as I already know who I am going to pick and he isn't a keeper. Also, I won't name any Keepers if you want.

ReputationRep:
    The better players I was implying all play in wider/defensive positions anyway, so Kroos will definitley be a stand out player depending on where in your formation you utilise him. Does that make sense, I felt rather confused typing that lol.
    Fair enough, there are a couple of decent (ex)/Bayern players still left. I don't think Kroos is better than Ozil as a CAM but I think he could play as a deep playmaker due to his vision and long passing accuracy and I think in the future if he remains at Bayern he will be converted into a Schweingsteiger esq role.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind at all tbh, Kenan and Kel will be getting a keeper and I will be getting a left winger. So we could name other position maybe? Unless Kenan and Kel is playing rush back keepers,

Well I am happy to name players if you want as I already know who I am going to pick and he isn't a keeper. Also, I won't name any Keepers if you want.
    You may as well pick now!

ReputationRep:
    Don't start naming any wild cards or anyone yet. You can still pick them as your 12th pick no? Just can't be in your starting XI with another WC.

ReputationRep:
    Updated List:

Players:

Pinda.college - Lionel Messi | Javier Mascherano | Dani Alves | Javier Pastore | Eden Hazard | Antonio Valencia | James Milner | David de Gea | Benoit Assou-Ekotto | Luiz Gustavo | Joleon Lescott |
    TH3-FL45H - Cristiano Ronaldo | Kevin-Prince Boateng | Alex Song | Lucas Leiva | Neven Subotic | Branislav Ivanovic | Klaas-Jan Huntelaar | Nacho Monreal | Fernando Muslera | Jeremy Menez | Ezequiel Garay
    Cll_ws - Wayne Rooney | Arjen Robben | Angel Di Maria | Marouane Fellaini | Gael Clichy | Thomas Vermaelen | Victor Valdes | Alexandre Pato | Felipe Melo | Naldo | Kyle Walker
    419 - Andres Iniesta | Luka Modric | Sergio Ramos | Mario Gotze | Mario Gomez | Fabio Coentrao | Jerome Boateng | Salvatore Sirigu | Lars Bender | Gary Cahill | Mauricio Isla
    Louis. - Kaka | Luis Suarez | Javi Martinez | Dante | Jack Wilshere | Karim Benzema | Park Ji-Sung | Pepe Reina | Raul Albiol | Micah Richards | David Alaba
    VQG - Cesc Fabregas | Franck Ribery | Sergio Aguero | Joao Moutinho | Daniel Agger | Leonardo Bonucci | Gonzalo Higuain | Andoni Iraola | Darren Fletcher | Jose Enrique | Asmir Begovic
    Ipoop - Gerard Pique | Edinson Cavani | Nigel De Jong | Rafael van der Vaart | Ignazio Abate | Ramires | Filipe Luis | Gokhan Inler | Sebastien Giovinco | Laurent Koscielny | Diego Lopez
    Deshi - Robin van Persie | Daniele De Rossi | Giorgio Chiellini | Owen Hargreaves | Marek Hamsik | Jan Vertonghen | Stevan Jovetic | Thibaut Courtois | Alexander Kolarov | Rafinha | Jefferson Farfan
    Little_wizard123 - David Villa | Carlos Tevez | Maicon | Robert Lewandowski | Santi Cazorla | Alvaro Arbeloa | Martin Demichelis | Yann M'Vila | Mikel Arteta | Martin Caceres | Jonny Evans
    Stu Laverty - Wesley Sneijder | Fernando Torres | Thiago Silva | Ezequiel Lavezzi | Riccardo Montolivo | Per Mertesacker | Jakub Blaszczykowski | Joe Hart | Adriano | Glen Johnson | Simon Rolfes
    Kenan and Kel - Nemanja Vidic | David Silva | Arturo Vidal | Alexis Sanchez | Eric Abidal | Nuri Sahin | Holger Badstuber | Adriano | Christian Maggio | Fernando Gago | Joaquin
    Samiz20891 - Mesut Ozil | Sami Khedira | Mats Hummels | Domenico Criscito | Nani | Stephan Lichtsteiner | Benedikt Howedes | Samir Handanovic | Alberto Gilardino | Walter Gargano | Toni Kroos
    Cant_think_of_name - Gareth Bale | Manuel Neuer | Vincent Kompany | Thomas Muller | Leighton Baines | Jesus Navas | Mario Mandzukic | Lassana Diarra | Martin Skrtel | Rafael
    Welsh Lepracaun - Phillip Lahm | Yaya Toure | Jordi Alba | Claudio Marchisio | Kolo Toure | Hulk | Lukas Podolski | Alvaro Negredo | Diego Godin | Rene Adler
    Multitalented Me - Juan Mata | Michael Essien | Marcelo | Pedro | Bacary Sagna | Edin Dzeko | Mario Balotelli | Christopher Samba | Mathieu Valbuena | Tim Krul
    DH1' - Bastian Schweinsteiger | Sergio Busquets | Marco Reus | Pepe | Neymar | Pablo Zabaleta | Stephan El Shaarawy | Lukasz Piszczek | Roberto Soldado | Alex

ReputationRep:
    If that's the case then I'm going to really consider my second WC!

ReputationRep:
    It's not, one wildcard per team (all twelve)

ReputationRep:
    Back when I took Wilshere (5th pick I think) I had a quick Wilshere vs Kroos debate. Took Wilshere because he's much better in a deeper role, Kroos and Kaka would struggle to play in the same side effectively, but Kroos lasting this long is ridiculous. Not like there aren't any sides with no Bayern players either.

ReputationRep:
    My pick was going to be Toni Kroos.

ReputationRep:
    Righty ho then, I'm going to take Diego. Played all over the place, Juventus, Wolfsburg, Santos - currently on loan at Atltico Madrid. But he counts as a Werder Bremen player

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.