Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

New league draft Watch

• View Poll Results: When should we do this draft?
    Now
    66.67%
    When the season ends
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cant_think_of_name)
    Righty ho then, I'm going to take Diego. Played all over the place, Juventus, Wolfsburg, Santos - currently on loan at Atltico Madrid. But he counts as a Werder Bremen player

Name:  tumblr_m5y5twPapT1qjehm8.gif
Views: 73
Size:  499.0 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh Leprecaun)
    Name:  tumblr_m5y5twPapT1qjehm8.gif
Views: 73
Size:  499.0 KB
    Sorry! I was astounded he hadn't gone yet tbh :rolleyes:

It's your go btw

ReputationRep:
    Going to have to go for my back-back-up, Thiago Motta. Counts as a Barca player, but not worried about being able to swap him.
    Name:  a5.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  14.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh Leprecaun)
    not worried about being able to swap him.
    Have I missed something about swapping players?

ReputationRep:
    Have I missed something about swapping players?

If I beat someone with one of the better Barca players, then I can just make an easy swap as he's not vital.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like my team unless I come up with a new 12th,

__Negredo
    Podolski__________Hulk

Y.Toure___Marchisio
    Motta
    Alba________________Lahm
    K.Toure__D.Godin
    Adler

ReputationRep:
    I don't even have any Barca players In fact, no Italian players and only 2 Spain based players... weird that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    You're up btw :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)
    Back when I took Wilshere (5th pick I think) I had a quick Wilshere vs Kroos debate. Took Wilshere because he's much better in a deeper role, Kroos and Kaka would struggle to play in the same side effectively, but Kroos lasting this long is ridiculous. Not like there aren't any sides with no Bayern players either.
    I guess it gives me the option to get both kroos and Ozil in the same team. I actually think Kroos can play well at a deeper role if he is with a destroyer type player as he definitely has the vision and long passing to play as a deep lying playmaker. So I think Gargano and Kroos could play together potentially as a pair, and I see him becoming a Schweisteiger type player in the future if he remains at Bayern.

ReputationRep:
    xxxxxxx
    Maggio - Vidic - Badstuber - Abidal
    Vidal - Sahin
    David Silva
    Alexis Sanchez - - - Joaquin
    Adriano

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    I guess it gives me the option to get both kroos and Ozil in the same team. I actually think Kroos can play well at a deeper role if he is with a destroyer type player as he definitely has the vision and long passing to play as a deep lying playmaker. So I think Gargano and Kroos could play together potentially as a pair, and I see him becoming a Schweisteiger type player in the future if he remains at Bayern.
    If it could work with anyone I suppose Kroos and Ozil could work...Ozil's great at drifting to the wings and that would leave the space Kroos is at his best in. It's just that so far Kroos' best moments have come from the most advanced of the midfield 3, if he played exclusively in the deeper 2 he wouldn't have the same reputation he does now.

Part of the problem for him playing there is that it's either alongside Schweinsteiger, not a great partnership, or as a replacement for Schweinsteiger and that's not a comparison he's gonna win. That's in his favour as far as you're concerned, the deeper position is a potential role for him and once he sharpens up the defensive side of his game he could excel there, but i'd be wary of placing too much trust in him there for the time being.

ReputationRep:
    Righty ho then, I'm going to take Diego. Played all over the place, Juventus, Wolfsburg, Santos - currently on loan at Atltico Madrid. But he counts as a Werder Bremen player

Haha he was the awesome attacking midfielder I was mentioning on the last page, looks like I'm going to have to stick to my original two tactics.

ReputationRep:
    x
    Can you PM someone your next pick as your still in Japan so are likely not to be online?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the delay, my next pick is Kyriakos Papadopoulos (Schalke 04)

(Original post by DH1')
    -

ReputationRep:
    Want to change my goalkeeper before the next person goes, sorry about this.

Federico Marchetti, Lazio.

--

ReputationRep:
    Hernanes is pretty contentious. I thought we were judging based on how many appearances at the start of the draft? Hernanes had more appearances for Sao Paulo at the start of the draft and his stats on wiki at the bottom (not on the side) appear to suggest he has played more for Sao Paulo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stu Laverty)
    Hernanes is pretty contentious. I thought we were judging based on how many appearances at the start of the draft? Hernanes had more appearances for Sao Paulo at the start of the draft and his stats on wiki at the bottom (not on the side) appear to suggest he has played more for Sao Paulo.
    Ah okay. Didn't see the table of stats underneath, just looked at the box on the side. I'll pick someone else then if he's ineligible. Give me a while though, as i didn't have a back up prepared

ReputationRep:
    Final pick;

Isco, Malaga.

ReputationRep:
    Final pick: İlkay Gündoğan (Nuremburg)

I am pretty sure he would be a Borussia Dortmund player as his wiki page is not updated from 20 Feb 2013 and I am sure he has played more games since then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    I am pretty sure he would be a Borussia Dortmund player as his wiki page is not updated from 20 Feb 2013 and I am sure he has played more games since then.
    Meh, doesn't really matter what team he had more appearances for

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.