Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

New league draft Watch

• View Poll Results: When should we do this draft?
    Now
    66.67%
    When the season ends
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    I'll get Feghouli then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)
    Haha that was my first thought...revenge time :pierre:

Tbf it wasn't even my team in the last one, I can forgive you. Not sure if i'll get the chance for fake revenge anyway, looks like we'll be having a re-run. Probably end up playing each other anyway though
    You're probably right. On paper, it looks like it'd be a good match-up between us.

Joaquin though, what a player

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    You're probably right. On paper, it looks like it'd be a good match-up between us.

Joaquin though, what a player
    Your team is annoying...can't work out what system you'll play

So with the replacements picked are we good to go? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Your team is annoying...can't work out what system you'll play

So with the replacements picked are we good to go? :ninja:
    I feel like the team I'm going for at the moment is too attacking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Jeez, my bad, stopped looking at the teams.

Can I choose who I take out of the two or do I have to swap Farfan?
    farfan because you chose him last

ReputationRep:
    Wrote out some tactics and got a bit carried away

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    Haha, I just realised that me and VQG got drawn together for the third time in the first round again.
    Can't help avoiding each other Good luck

We probably should quote everyone so they know exactly who they're playing, and when they've got to complete their match by.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welsh Leprecaun)
    x
    you have to pick again as reyes counts as a sevilla player and you've used sevilla with negredo

ReputationRep:
    With all these new picks needed I think the old draw has to be put down as a trial run. Make sure the teams are sorted and then make the actual draw and sort the schedule out from there. Shame...I was quietly confident (sorry K+K )

(Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    -
    Cheers for all this work btw :yy: want me to check any teams/players?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VQG)
    We probably should quote everyone so they know exactly who they're playing, and when they've got to complete their match by.
    Who are we playing? I'm confused. A second draw was done as some people had to replace their last pick, but it was done before anybody had done that. Has the real draw happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    Who are we playing? I'm confused. A second draw was done as some people had to replace their last pick, but it was done before anybody had done that. Has the draw happened?
    The draw did happen but because some rules were broken we need to do one again which will happen once welsh lepracaun makes his pick

With all these new picks needed I think the old draw has to be put down as a trial run. Make sure the teams are sorted and then make the actual draw and sort the schedule out from there. Shame...I was quietly confident (sorry K+K )

Cheers for all this work btw :yy: want me to check any teams/players?
    Thanks! Yeah we'll have to do the draw again after welsh lepracaun makes his pick. You can check them if you want in case i made a mistake

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was official as it was put in the OP, but it's best to do it again.

ReputationRep:
    My bad on Reyes, going for Ashley Young (Aston Villa)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    -
    Just realised why I struggled to work out your team...I saw Adriano and thought fullback...not the striker :facepalm2:

I thought you were a bit light up top

Had a quick glance and I reckon all the picks are legit now. When can we name players we can't believe weren't picked? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VQG)
    I thought it was official as it was put in the OP, but it's best to do it again.
    That was before i found the things that were wrong

Just realised why I struggled to work out your team...I saw Adriano and thought fullback...not the striker :facepalm2:

I thought you were a bit light up top

Had a quick glance and I reckon all the picks are legit now. When can we name players we can't believe weren't picked? :ninja:
    You can now - all the picks have been made and it's time for the draw

(Original post by Malevolent)
    Here is your sequence:

16 7
    1 9
    15 4
    14 10
    3 13
    6 12
    2 8
    5 11
    Timestamp: 2013-04-09 18:04:50 UTC

Sorry only just saw it. Been at AF practice.
    (Original post by jam277)
    6 12
    8 16
    15 9
    13 14
    3 4
    2 7
    5 11
    1 10

Timestamp: 2013-04-09 18:33:48 UTC
    Heres the sequence.
    Can you do it again as we made a mistake?

ReputationRep:
    Adebayor. Had a very short peak but in 07-08 he had a better goal return than some of the strikers picked, and his game was more complete too. I suppose his current form put people off but can't help thinking he'd improve a lot of sides.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I also spent the 2nd half of the draft being absolutely stunned that no one could find a place for Carrick in their side. Was only as my 12th pick approached that I actually checked when his debut was :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I only remembered Riera during Madrid-Gala. Would've been a good pick if you wanted a wing back.

A wildcard but Dede from Vasco da Gama is a very good CB.

ReputationRep:
    Giuseppe Rossi is another striker who probably should have been picked, his peak just before his injury problems started was incredible.

ReputationRep:
    Surprised that Arshavin didn't go as a Wildcard pick tbh. He was sensational at the Euros. World class on his day.

ReputationRep:

Was anyone else going to pick Llorente? He was the biggest name that wasn't a wildcard available for the 12th pick.

Some big names that haven't been picked (these would all be wildcards)
    Samir Nasri
    Andrei Arshavin
    Ivor Akinfeev
    van der Wiel
    Maarten Stekelenburg
    Christian Eriksen
    Leandro Daimao
    David Luiz
    Sandro
    Bruno Alves
    Robinho
    Shinji Kagawa
    Hernanes
    John Heitinga
    Darijo Srna

Non-wildcards:
    Zdravko Kuzmanovic
    Nvjezdan Misimovic
    Grafite
    Emanuel Adebayor
    Kevin Großkreutz
    Pablo Osvaldo
    Erik Lamela
    Antonio Nocerino
    Theo Walcott
    John Obi Mikel
    Sven Bender (we all want shot for this one...)
    Demba Ba

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.