Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

New league draft Watch

• View Poll Results: When should we do this draft?
    Now
    66.67%
    When the season ends
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cant_think_of_name)
    Could we say have one wildcard each or something? we're missing out on Ibrahimovic, Neymar, Thiago Silva, Willian... it's up to you. Just a suggestion, but I agree there should be a limit Also, is it debuts in those four leagues? Debuts for their "major team"? Thanks
    Why are we not able to pick Ibra/Thiago Silva if the rule is the club they've made the most appearances for. Wouldn't that qualify them for the leagues that are used for this version?

ReputationRep:
    Zlatan debuted in 1999 therefore he doesn't qualify for this drafts, Neymar is not in one of the major leagues and I thought Silva is allowed because of his seasons with Milan?

Where do we draw the boundary with wildcards though, someone will need to set up some guidelines for which players qualify as a wildcard.

ReputationRep:
    Ah right yeah of course, I'd forgotten about those rules Let's get going

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cant_think_of_name)
    Could we say have one wildcard each or something? we're missing out on Ibrahimovic, Neymar, Thiago Silva, Willian... it's up to you. Just a suggestion, but I agree there should be a limit Also, is it debuts in those four leagues? Debuts for their "major team"? Thanks
    First debut for any team anywhere must be after 2000

The one wildcard thing sounds good so i think we'll roll with that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Zlatan debuted in 1999 therefore he doesn't qualify for this drafts, Neymar is not in one of the major leagues and I thought Silva is allowed because of his seasons with Milan?

Where do we draw the boundary with wildcards though, someone will need to set up some guidelines for which players qualify as a wildcard.
    I'd say you're allowed one player from outside those 4 leagues and you can only have one so the best ones will probably get in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH1')
    If you're going to keep adding new rules, you need to update it on the OP and stick with it too. Also we should all have to agree to the rule and it has to be explained properly. Just my two cents

Totally agree with that. I seem to be getting confused with the rules as they keep changing. OP can we have a full set of rules just before the game start?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH1')
    If you're going to keep adding new rules, you need to update it on the OP and stick with it too. Also we should all have to agree to the rule and it has to be explained properly. Just my two cents
    I have kept updating the OP I changed them because some people were not happy with it being worldwide and then some did want it world wide so I'm trying to keep as many people happy as possible

I don't really get what you're not understanding....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    Totally agree with that. I seem to be getting confused with the rules as they keep changing. OP can we have a full set of rules just before the game start?
    I have kept updating the rules in the first post so just check there

ReputationRep:
    Also how is a players team calculated? Is it the most appearances, the place where he was best at, where he debut? And if it is not in one of the four leagues he isn't allowed in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    I'd say you're allowed one player from outside those 4 leagues and you can only have one so the best ones will probably get in
    Will they still need to have debuted after 2000, how will their ability against the players of the four major leagues be judged? I mean how can we effectively judge how Neymar would cope against the world-class defenders of the four major leagues? We only have his international performances to go by and that is not really enough in my opinion, plus we have to judge him at his best, which is in Brazil and is a very weak league compared to the ones we're currently using.

I like the wildcard rule however, we need to come up with some solid framework for ensuring that it doesn't affect this voting etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    Also how is a players team calculated? Is it the most appearances, the place where he was best at, where he debut? And if it is not in one of the four leagues he isn't allowed in.
    Did you actually check the first post?

It is where he made his most appearances. If that isn't in the four leagues then he is not allowed in unless you choose him to be your wildcard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH1')
    Well you can't just keep changing them and adding new twists to it to meet people's needs. The last two drafts worked well because the OP made the game, and established a full set of rules. People just stuck to it.
    Sue me, I'm a people pleaser and its not exactly like i changed much

i cut it down from worldwide to four leagues. Then i said you're allowed one player from outside those four leagues.

OMG ITS SO DIFFICULT!!!

ReputationRep:
    Okay I was asked to do the random list so here it is.

There were 16 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Pinda.college
    TH3-FL45H
    Cll_ws
    Louis.
    VQG
    Ipoop
    Deshi
    Little_wizard123
    Stu Laverty
    Kenan and Kel
    Samiz20891
    Cant_think_of_name
    Welsh Lepracaun
    Multitalented Me
    DH1'
    Timestamp: 2013-03-24 14:54:21 UTC

ReputationRep:
    Will they still need to have debuted after 2000, how will their ability against the players of the four major leagues be judged? I mean how can we effectively judge how Neymar would cope against the world-class defenders of the four major leagues? We only have his international performances to go by and that is not really enough in my opinion, plus we have to judge him at his best, which is in Brazil and is a very weak league compared to the ones we're currently using.

I like the wildcard rule however, we need to come up with some solid framework for ensuring that it doesn't affect this voting etc.
    That's the risks you have to take

It's going to affect the voting whatever you do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)

Pinda.college
    TH3-FL45H
    Cll_ws
    Louis.
    VQG
    Ipoop
    Deshi
    Little_wizard123
    Stu Laverty
    Kenan and Kel
    Samiz20891
    Cant_think_of_name
    Welsh Lepracaun
    Multitalented Me
    DH1'
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    x
    Looks like you're going first!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    That's the risks you have to take

It's going to affect the voting whatever you do
    Cool.

Just edit the OP with whatever rules you want implement and we'll start. We will only know if it works once we start playing

ReputationRep:
    Cool.

Just edit the OP with whatever rules you want implement and we'll start. We will only know if it works once we start playing
    Already done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)

Pinda.college
    TH3-FL45H
    Cll_ws
    Louis.
    VQG
    Ipoop
    Deshi
    Little_wizard123
    Stu Laverty
    Kenan and Kel
    Samiz20891
    Cant_think_of_name
    Welsh Lepracaun
    Multitalented Me
    DH1'
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    I haven't forgotten anything have i

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.