Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

New league draft Watch

• View Poll Results: When should we do this draft?
    Now
    66.67%
    When the season ends
    33.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louis.)
    Big props for spending a lot of time on the bios and tactics :yy: Obviously I won't say this on the actual game thread because it's the business end there :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipoop)
    Big props for spending a lot of time on the bios and tactics :yy: Obviously I won't say this on the actual game thread because it's the business end there :pierre:
    Cheers, to be fair I think our tactics are about as long as each others, it's just I wrote out some quick bios which tbh might not be read by too many :dontknow:

I like your competitive side :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    Cheers, to be fair I think our tactics are about as long as each others, it's just I wrote out some quick bios which tbh might not be read by too many :dontknow:

I like your competitive side :pierre:
    I read them!

.... and am now thinking my bios are too long......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VQG)
    x
    I've done all my bios. Just getting my tactics sorted out. How far are you into it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    I've done all my bios. Just getting my tactics sorted out. How far are you into it?
    Tactics are done(ish), I'm deciding whether to complete my bios - I've managed to scrap a few of them together. I'll send it in by 6 o'clock tomorrow? Who do you want to send them to? Abiraleft or Flash?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VQG)
    Tactics are done(ish), I'm deciding whether to complete my bios - I've managed to scrap a few of them together. I'll send it in by 6 o'clock tomorrow? Who do you want to send them to? Abiraleft or Flash?
    I'll set that deadline for myself too. Abiraleft's a reliable fella, so him.

ReputationRep:
    I'll set that deadline for myself too. Abiraleft's a reliable fella, so him.
    Thanks man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VQG)
    x
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    x
    Sent my tactics.

ReputationRep:
    Sent my tactics.
    Sent as well. Game should be up tonight. Good luck :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VQG)
    Sent as well. Game should be up tonight. Good luck :yy:
    Thanks, I'll need it more than you by the looks of it!

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how you'll do it, but I'm hoping the draw will be done before people have to choose a player to steal. Makes it more interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    Not sure how you'll do it, but I'm hoping the draw will be done before people have to choose a player to steal. Makes it more interesting.
    Well some people have already chosen so....

Plus it would mean that the winner can choose a player that will harm his opponent the most

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    Plus it would mean that the winner can choose a player that will harm his opponent the most
    Exactly... It's fair and it adds more skill into it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    Exactly... It's fair and it adds more skill into it.
    Deshi and DH1 have already picked though, so they'd be at a disadvantage against an opponent who can pick a player specifically to play against their sides.

ReputationRep:
    Deshi and DH1 have already picked though, so they'd be at a disadvantage against an opponent who can pick a player specifically to play against their sides.
    Yeah but of course if it was agreed that the draw was made before picks, these picks could be changed. It just makes more sense to know who you're playing so you can choose accordingly.

ReputationRep:
    Technically you don't even have to tell who you pick. As long as you're not breaking any rules/constrictions it's fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VQG)
    Technically you don't even have to tell who you pick. As long as you're not breaking any rules/constrictions it's fine.
    That's more like it!

ReputationRep:
    Or how about a new idea which'll make the game more fun? :beard:

I don't think it'll be approved for this draft but if I do the next draft I might make it compulsory. The idea is that you get 2 picks after the first round of games. First pick is from your opponent who you beat.

But your second pick is in the style of a draft? Where all the players knocked out (and haven't been picked) are available to be picked in draft style. This time in reverse order of the original draft order. Might make some of the top heavy drafts a bit fairer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VQG)
    Or how about a new idea which'll make the game more fun? :beard:

I don't think it'll be approved for this draft but if I do the next draft I might make it compulsory. The idea is that you get 2 picks after the first round of games. First pick is from your opponent who you beat.

But your second pick is in the style of a draft? Where all the players knocked out (and haven't been picked) are available to be picked in draft style. This time in reverse order of the original draft order. Might make some of the top heavy drafts a bit fairer.
    I like this idea A LOT.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good for next time tbh.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.