Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Any volunteering work for 14 year olds? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'd really like to participate in some type of volunteering work for around 1 hour a week, is their any places that would take someone who is 14?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    No point asking on here, you'd have to go to the places you want to work in and ask

ReputationRep:
    Ask your local high street charity shops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carys_eaton)
    I'd really like to participate in some type of volunteering work for around 1 hour a week, is their any places that would take someone who is 14?

You can volunteering with girguiding uk from 14.
    How about volunteering at your local rainbow/brownie/guides group.

ReputationRep:

There are loads of opportunities for your age group! I started volunteering at the age of around 12 or 13. I volunteered in local nurseries, after school clubs, Connexions/Inspira as a mystery shopper, first aid groups such as British Red Cross, or if you prefer St. John's Ambulance.

There are also girl guides, scouts, brownies, rainbows, rangers, charity shops, schools (Although nowadays you may need to be a bit older and already hold a CRB).

Have you looked on do-it.org? That's a fantastic website for volunteering opportunities and you can just go into places of interest and ask if they take volunteers and it maybe a good idea to take a CV with you that states your experience and anything else you may have done or a letter explaining why you are interested in volunteering in that certain place.

Hope this helps!

Ayiesha x

ReputationRep:
    volunteering work for 14 year old is they are work in house with mom & dad for himself...

ReputationRep:
    You could try the Diamond Centre, they hire volunteers to muck out and groom horses, I think it's for 13+

ReputationRep:

Lots of places with nowadays. Just contact a local charity working in a field you're interested in, and they might have something for you. Pick somewhere easy to get to, unless you've got really kind parents who won't mind driving you there every week!

Just a note- if you want to do first aiding (as someone else has mentioned) I would choose the St J's Ambulance, rather than Red Cross, as you can be 14 to go out on duty with the SJA, but you have to be 16 with Red Cross (although you can still join a group and have training before then).

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.