Any volunteering work for 14 year olds?

Watch
Carys_eaton
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I'd really like to participate in some type of volunteering work for around 1 hour a week, is their any places that would take someone who is 14?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Lexi99
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No point asking on here, you'd have to go to the places you want to work in and ask
Frankster
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ask your local high street charity shops.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Carys_eaton)
I'd really like to participate in some type of volunteering work for around 1 hour a week, is their any places that would take someone who is 14?

You can volunteering with girguiding uk from 14.
How about volunteering at your local rainbow/brownie/guides group.
AyieshaE
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

There are loads of opportunities for your age group! I started volunteering at the age of around 12 or 13. I volunteered in local nurseries, after school clubs, Connexions/Inspira as a mystery shopper, first aid groups such as British Red Cross, or if you prefer St. John's Ambulance.

There are also girl guides, scouts, brownies, rainbows, rangers, charity shops, schools (Although nowadays you may need to be a bit older and already hold a CRB).

Have you looked on do-it.org? That's a fantastic website for volunteering opportunities and you can just go into places of interest and ask if they take volunteers and it maybe a good idea to take a CV with you that states your experience and anything else you may have done or a letter explaining why you are interested in volunteering in that certain place.

Hope this helps!

Ayiesha x
jenniferscott
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
volunteering work for 14 year old is they are work in house with mom & dad for himself...
Katala21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You could try the Diamond Centre, they hire volunteers to muck out and groom horses, I think it's for 13+
marth34
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Lots of places with nowadays. Just contact a local charity working in a field you're interested in, and they might have something for you. Pick somewhere easy to get to, unless you've got really kind parents who won't mind driving you there every week!

Just a note- if you want to do first aiding (as someone else has mentioned) I would choose the St J's Ambulance, rather than Red Cross, as you can be 14 to go out on duty with the SJA, but you have to be 16 with Red Cross (although you can still join a group and have training before then).
medzbu
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Emma:-))
You can volunteering with girguiding uk from 14.
How about volunteering at your local rainbow/brownie/guides group.
are you doing duke of ed ?
Sheperd23
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

libaries are desperate! I think?
It's flexible and you can do as many hours as you want if you do it during the summer reading challenge ..
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by medzbu)
are you doing duke of ed ?
No, why?
medzbu
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Emma:-))
No, why?
hey theres this challenge going roound year 9 called duke of ed includes volunteering , physicall and skills i reckon you ask your head of year xx
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by medzbu)
hey theres this challenge going roound year 9 called duke of ed includes volunteering , physicall and skills i reckon you ask your head of year xx
Ill have a job...im 27.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (538)
33.96%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (651)
41.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (322)
20.33%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.61%

Watched Threads