Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Lately I've been doing pullups, dips, skull crushers and bicep curls after doing SS. Rip says to only do it after your last workout of the week but I decided to try and do them after every workout. Seems to be fine.

Is it advised against adding more volume? For example, doing bench press on workout B day and OHP on workout A day? Not swapping them. Just making an addition. So I'd be benching and OHPing 3 times a week.

The upper/lower body imbalances on this routine are annoying me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark Horse)
    Hey,

Lately I've been doing pullups, dips, skull crushers and bicep curls after doing SS. Rip says to only do it after your last workout of the week but I decided to try and do them after every workout. Seems to be fine.

Is it advised against adding more volume? For example, doing bench press on workout B day and OHP on workout A day? Not swapping them. Just making an addition. So I'd be benching and OHPing 3 times a week.

Pfff well I just ended up doing that pretty much from the start (SL). If I can squat 3x per week I can damn well OHP and BP 3x per week too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by In One Ear)
    Pfff well I just ended up doing that pretty much from the start (SL). If I can squat 3x per week I can damn well OHP and BP 3x per week too!
    My thoughts exactly.

Sick of these two lifts lagging behind so much also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dark Horse)
    Hey,

Sorry to hi-jack your thread but I would like to start the SS program too. I was wondering where the original SS page is with all the information I need (eg on day 1,2 and 3 which specific compound movements I should be doing etc). I looked on bodybuilding.com and couldnt find an article/page with info solely just on the SS workout program.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamburgerandbeans)
    Sorry to hi-jack your thread but I would like to start the SS program too. I was wondering where the original SS page is with all the information I need (eg on day 1,2 and 3 which specific compound movements I should be doing etc). I looked on bodybuilding.com and couldnt find an article/page with info solely just on the SS workout program.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=131379243

You can also buy the book if you want mate, as well as there being an SS wiki and probably more related sites.

ReputationRep:
    There is a difference between squaring 3x per week compared to OHP AND Benching 3x per week. Both exercises work practically the same muscles just at different angles. Rip even says the OHP works the upper chest to an extent.

Just make sure that you can handle it. If everything is still going up, no matter how slow, it still working.mdont change something that works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scrappy-coco)
    There is a difference between squaring 3x per week compared to OHP AND Benching 3x per week. Both exercises work practically the same muscles just at different angles. Rip even says the OHP works the upper chest to an extent.

Just make sure that you can handle it. If everything is still going up, no matter how slow, it still working.mdont change something that works.
    Yes it's still going up I guess. When I increase the weight I normally miss some reps on that workout but get them all on the next one.

ReputationRep:
    Well remember the point of SS is to get as strong as quick as possible. Sounds like you're going great though, worst thing you can do is add touch to quickly. If you are going to do OHPand bench I would focus one being Light on that day

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 23, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.