Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

ReputationRep:
    It's a rather silly and fun suggestion, but I think it would be nice if like on Reddit you could have Cake Days - as in you could have a birthday cake/slice of cake beside your name on the forums and in the profile pages on the day of your birthday. Because who doesn't love cake?

Also as a measurement of how large the cake slice on Reddit's Cakeday is for reference it is this large
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    Maybe send us some cake in to the TSR office and we can consider the idea some more...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK)
    Maybe send us some cake in to the TSR office and we can consider the idea some more...
    I just ran out of birthday cake last night... :sad:

Hmm - what flavour?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    I just ran out of birthday cake last night... :sad:

Hmm - what flavour?
    Chocolate cake is always good. Carrot cake with icing is one of my favourites. The more cakes you send the better. We all love cakes and there are a lot of us...

...what you sending cakes for again? Not that it matters...we love cake and just want to eat it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK)
    Chocolate cake is always good. Carrot cake with icing is one of my favourites. The more cakes you send the better. We all love cakes and there are a lot of us...

...what you sending cakes for again? Not that it matters...we love cake and just want to eat it
    I will see what I can do...
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    I will see what I can do...
    Hehehe

As for your idea of virtual cake, it could be good. Do people like little badges next to their name? Even a temporary one for their birthday? Maybe it could mean something else too - like if you click on it you could wish that person a happy birthday...maybe the most wishes in a month gets that person a prize (people like prizes as much as cake, right?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK)
    Hehehe

As for your idea of virtual cake, it could be good. Do people like little badges next to their name? Even a temporary one for their birthday? Maybe it could mean something else too - like if you click on it you could wish that person a happy birthday...maybe the most wishes in a month gets that person a prize (people like prizes as much as cake, right?)
    I like the vote idea. You could click the cake which appears nexr to your name for 1 month beginning on your birthday/brginning of birthday month
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK)
    Hehehe

I prefer not having a badge next to the name. Although it will be rare to see a few people in the same thread sharing the same birthday, it may be better to put the birthday badge in the popup when you hover over a persons username instead. Less intrusive.

I really dislike the other forums where they have a myriad of badges for things like, "reached 150 posts", "repped by an admin".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vulpes)
    I prefer not having a badge next to the name. Although it will be rare to see a few people in the same thread sharing the same birthday, it may be better to put the birthday badge in the popup when you hover over a persons username instead. Less intrusive.

I really dislike the other forums where they have a myriad of badges for things like, "reached 150 posts", "repped by an admin".
    Yeah they do look awful. I would suggest if it was always visible that day it would be a similar size to the cake day cake as on reddit. It's probably 15*15 at the most

ReputationRep:
    I agree with Vulpes that overdoing it could become a problem, but it is a good idea. Privacy settings for it already exist (for your DOB), could be nice for just your birthday. I wouldn't add any clickability or what-not too it myself though.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.