Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm all for abortion. If you have to have a baby when you don't want a baby-surely that's the biggest recipe for disaster ever.
    This is ridiculous-and yes it will drive it underground and cause all sorts of medical and legal problems, and yes people will just have to travel further afield to get one. Ugh.If I was in Dakota I'd move. Or never have sex*.

*Move.

ReputationRep:
    All this will lead to is more backstreet abortions and as a result of that, dead women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamgreatness)
    advocating murder, even online, is illegal.
    No it isn't, especially if it's satirical, Besides only those on the path to enlightenment of the flying spaghetti monster would understand, "may the high noodleness guide you away from the temptation of ravioli. And deliver you on the path to lasagne". (Garlic 1:13) "And may the meatball riches of the FSM encourage the stressed woman to have an abortion if need arise, for the high carb diety truly understands the stresses bestowed upon pregnancy" (tomatoes 16:5)

If you can have a magic man that you believe is in the skies telling you abortions are not okay, why can't I have a giant bowl of noodles in the skies that I believe in telling me abortion is good when extenuating circumstances arise?

Edit: yes I know what a disgustingly abhorrent view I hold, saying abortions should be okay for extenuating circumstances! Well worth the neg.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I honestly don't know anymore whether to care (after all, it's not my country) or whether just to be proud to belong to a region of the world where civilisation is not always on the brink of being pushed out by some group of religious people. In a way, they're just f***ing themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Please by all means perform a citizens arrest then, go on do it for the murdered foetus's...

ReputationRep:
    What a dissapointing backwards step for America.

ReputationRep:
    I hope they have plans to deal with all of those unwanted children.

ReputationRep:
    Good man. Those virtually mindless fetuses will thank you for your compassion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goody2Shoes-x)
    What a dissapointing backwards step for America.
    Now now let's be fair America has done nothing wrong here. This state may be moving into the Stone Age but America itself shouldn't be blamed, after all state law differs markedly from federal law which in most cases isn't to bad at all.

God look at me defending the Americans what has become of me?!

ReputationRep:
    America--This is why I'm moving to the UK.

Pro-choice, personally pro-life, but not giving the person the ability to choose is unreasonable.
    a) At what point does an egg, a zygote, an embryo obtain personhood? Is it REALLY killing? If so, when I expel an egg each month on my period, is that reckless abandonment? (watched legally blonde earlier today)
    b) Foster care has proven to be pretty terrible. Why bring unwanted children into the world if you are unable to care for them?
    c) The cells in fetal tissue have proven to be capable of remarkable things. Person doesn't want baby, researchers want aborted fetus, everybody wins?

Again, personally against abortions, but it's my body and I'm financially stable, unlike a lot of Americans.
    Should be a person's choice.
    The only discrepancy I see is when the father of the child wants to keep it, but the mother wants to abort. Then things can get a little fishy, but I guess the girl has final say because it is her body =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhimsyMelody)
    America--This is why I'm moving to the UK.

Pro-choice, personally pro-life, but not giving the person the ability to choose is unreasonable.
    a) At what point does an egg, a zygote, an embryo obtain personhood? Is it REALLY killing? If so, when I expel an egg each month on my period, is that reckless abandonment? (watched legally blonde earlier today)
    b) Foster care has proven to be pretty terrible. Why bring unwanted children into the world if you are unable to care for them?
    c) The cells in fetal tissue have proven to be capable of remarkable things. Person doesn't want baby, researchers want aborted fetus, everybody wins?

Again, personally against abortions, but it's my body and I'm financially stable, unlike a lot of Americans.
    Should be a person's choice.
    The only discrepancy I see is when the father of the child wants to keep it, but the mother wants to abort. Then things can get a little fishy, but I guess the girl has final say because it is her body =/
    Okay I'm pro life too but a) isn't really a good reason, firstly it's a gameate at that stage meaning it hasn't got enough chromosomes inside the cell to begin the reproduction of the cell to create life as its needed to be fertilized, by a sperm cell. BUT B) an excellent reason, you really don't want to be in one long term it messes with your head trust me! and C) it's amazing what they can do with embryonic stem cells, that's honestly a really good reason I'd personally add a D) what about 1) what about socioeconomic distress 2) what if the father walked? And 3) there's always the sad truth that women can get pregnant by getting raped! Awful to mention but it happens occasionally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They can just travel across to the next state. Pro-Choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xiomara)
    ...embarrassment to the rest of the US. It's 2013, for god's sake.
    Everytime I hear or see this statement it is an embarrassment to all of us.

It is nothing but a cop out.

ReputationRep:
    there's nothing debatable about it.
    LOL, there definitely is.

ReputationRep:
    North Dakota had better prepare for domestic, make shift coat hanger jobs then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ufo2012)
    Everytime I hear or see this statement it is an embarrassment to all of us.

It is nothing but a cop out.
    A cop out of what, exactly?

ReputationRep:
    Advocating abortion isn't, whether you think it's murder or not it's still legal to advocate it. Even in North Dakota it is, if they haven't seceded themselves from the USA and made their own constitution without a first amendment, that is.

ReputationRep:
    i agree with this. Abortion= Murder
    I take it you're a vegetarian as well then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em8980)
    I take it you're a vegetarian as well then?
    Animals are still murdered in the production of vegetables! Hoping this person is a fruitarian, and only consumes fruit that has fallen naturally from the plant (not picked off).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xiomara)
    Animals are still murdered in the production of vegetables! Hoping this person is a fruitarian, and only consumes fruit that has fallen naturally from the plant (not picked off).
    They must be. Otherwise they are being very selective over which 'murders' they condone. Hopefully, North Dakota is going to outlaw eating meat too, otherwise it's a bit of a mixed message.

Slitting the throat of, or electrocuting, an unquestionably living animal that can feel pain, for food, is fine. A living, breathing animal is far less important than a human's diet..

But removing an embryo before it progresses to a foetus/person, when it definitely can't feel pain and isn't capable of consciousness - no, let's sit back and watch coat hanger sales go up.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.