Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I got offers from the two above (Economics at Durham (L100) or Economics and Chinese at Edinburgh (LT11)) and have no idea which one to firm:
    Which one is most prestigeous?
    Which one is most advanced, challenging?
    Which brings the best work prospects?

Thanks in advance to anyone who give a (useful) reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misso2013)
    Hi

I got offers from the two above (Economics at Durham (L100) or Economics and Chinese at Edinburgh (LT11)) and have no idea which one to firm:

Disclaimer: My knowledge is incredibly limited, I'm busy procrastinating right now.

From what I know, both UoE and Durham are really prestigious. Durham is probably more prestigious for being the d in doxbridge.

I was considering Durham for my exchange year, and they were only second choice (Edinburgh was first) because they don't really do any research in my specific sub-field. The campus looks gorgeous. So, I think mostly what it comes down to would be what educational setting do you like better, how big of a place do you want to live in, etc. The other thing I could see being a deterrent to Durham is that it seems like a lot of really rich kids go there, so if you're not comfortable with the public-school crowd, maybe not. Anyways, I doubt you could go wrong. If I was majoring in arts/humanities, I'd definitely go for Durham. Their music makes me weep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misso2013)
    Hi

Congratulations, are you good at maths ?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2013
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.