Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

"Vast swathes of urban Britain became like a foreign land." Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CEKTOP)
    We're talking about people refusing to integrate, not about races or nationalities.
    Are you really that ****ing stupid?
    oh no im the stupid one, thats why i swear to put my points across

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SannaS)
    And where did you get this statistics from?
    Do you seriously think that all the South Asians/Europeans working in Dubai/Abu Dhabi/Sharjah are fluent in Arabic, bearing in mind that it is rare for Arabic to be taught to an advanced level in any South Asian or European nation?

The expatcenter in Amsterdam, The Netherlands produces nearly all of its documents in English as well as Dutch. When I had my induction upon arrival in the Netherlands the mayor of Amsterdam at the time (Eberhardt van der Laan) and the other city officials addressed the entire audience in English - there's a reason for this.

By 'migrants' I specifically mean people who were born elsewhere and who have moved to the Netherlands/the UAE for work. I'm not referring to non-ethnic Dutch/non-ethnic Emiratis who were born in the Netherlands/the UAE, but whose parents/grandparents may have been borrn elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hostile*****)
    OMG I'm European and I'm coming to study in the UK now I'm scared because you guys are bloody racists
    I've never sustained even the slightest form of antipathy, in fact the exact opposite, and you can straight away tell that I'm from Poland just by hearing my accent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Do you seriously think that all the South Asians/Europeans working in Dubai/Abu Dhabi/Sharjah are fluent in Arabic, bearing in mind that it is rare for Arabic to be taught to an advanced level in any South Asian or European nation?

The expatcenter in Amsterdam, The Netherlands produces nearly all of its documents in English as well as Dutch. When I had my induction upon arrival in the Netherlands the mayor of Amsterdam at the time (Eberhardt van der Laan) and the other city officials addressed the entire audience in English - there's a reason for this.

By 'migrants' I specifically mean people who were born elsewhere and who have moved to the Netherlands/the UAE for work. I'm not referring to non-ethnic Dutch/non-ethnic Emiratis who were born in the Netherlands/the UAE, but whose parents/grandparents may have been borrn elsewhere.

Who cares about UAE?
    As soon as oil runs out it's gonna go under, that's clear as day.

ReputationRep:
    Europe Awake

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    yeah, its true. indigenous ethnic european people have been ethnically cleansed from large swathes of the country.

whats happening is a crime against humanity. the poor and working class white people have been oppressed and kept down by a hostile elite that hates and despises them and wants to see them wiped from the face of the earth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by democracyforum)
    Why is integration so important ?

What about white British people who don't integrate ?
    Or does being white give you an instant pass to integration ?
    Your name says one thing and your statement says another, you sound like a fascist. Yes being born in this country gives you all the rights that a citizen has the right to expect when he and his family and ancestors have all paid into this system, that's the least you can expect from a civilised country. And if that person who is born and bred here hasn't been able to "integrate " as you put it, it will be because his own country has let him down in terms of education and work availability,if young people fail for whatever reasons it is the duty of the country they're born in to try and help them have a better life afterall millions come here with their many burdens and expect this from us and they have NEVER paid a penny piece to our system and NEVER will . But what really gets my goat is the fact that you can display these anti white prejudices but you expect white people to be
    oh so careful in their choice of words when they are talking about ethnicity, immigration and now your trying to put forward some sort of narrative that says Britain is here for the taking, and that there's no need for any common civility or recognition for the people who are born here Well here's some fighting talk for you, the one thing we do have is the vote and we will take back our country and our borders and start looking out for the displaced youth that have been pushed aside so that others can come here and exploit the situation, suits the government keeps wages low nobody dares to strike
    the unions have no teeth anymore it's no wonder we have recession after recession even people in full time work can't earn enough to pay their way so need money from the social fund to pay their rents, this system is doomed to failure and unlike you I think the British are a great nation some of the most
    decent and civilised people on the planet, it's about time we realised that it is white people who are a minority and need protecting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CEKTOP)
    British people are the ones who are fully entitled to live here regardless of whether they integrate or not. If someone comes here and starts preaching a global holy war while claiming the "jihadist allowance" that someone must be given the boot with no consideration for his family life or torture facing him in the country of his origin.
    I'm with you all the way my friend, couldn't have put it better myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Nah, what you mean is brown or black. How could you have known they were "immigrants", in the sense of someone who came over here under New Labour? It's actually most likely their family has probably been here three generations because the highest immigration rates from the Commonwealth were in the 50s and 60s
    Always looking for the " colour" element can't converse on any level of
    debate unless you can bring anything you can down to a colour or race issue.
    So you blurt out a lot of absolute crap about 50's and 60's being higher immigration than today what a load of, this is the highest immigration that history has ever known

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)

Your opinion , not a statistic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SannaS)
    Your opinion , not a statistic
    http://www.justlanded.com/english/Du...uage/Languages

'English is the most widely spoken language in Dubai, especially for business, trade and tourism. Around 75% of the population in Dubai are expatriates, most of whom speak English and/or their native language. There are a lot of different nationals working in Dubai, so you are likely to find someone who speaks your language.

If you can speak a South Asian language (e.g. Hindi, Urdu, Malayalam, Bengali and Tamil), you will have the opportunity to practice in Dubai. Many expatriates are from South Asia and some of them only speak their native language.'

ReputationRep:
    What does that have to do with Britain becoming a foreign land?

ReputationRep:
    Some places already have, there are many reasons and technicalities as to why. Here's a map of London to help people familiarise themselves with it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/willfai...hy/8536633886/

Name:  8536633886_e7ac294577_z_d.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  345.0 KB

Orange - Asian/British Asian - Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Other Asian
    Blue - Black/Black British - Black African, Black Caribbean, Other Black
    Green - Other White - Irish, Other White, Gypsy or Irish Traveller
    Pink - Arab
    White - No ethnic minority with a 5%+ share of the population - Usually contain high White British populations

The statistics for the 2011 census came out a couple of months ago, so I decided to create a more up to date version of the previous map I made for the 2001 census. Each area is a Lower Super Output Area, usually containing 1,500 people, shown by the black lines. The red lines are the borough dividing lines.

All information from www.neighbourhood.statistics.gov.uk/

A previous version from the 2001 census can be seen at http://www.flickr.com/photos/willfai...hy/7979183430/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?
General election 2017 on TSR
Register to vote

Registering to vote?

Check out our guide for everything you need to know

Manifesto snapshots

Manifesto Snapshots

All you need to know about the 2017 party manifestos

Party Leader questions

Party Leader Q&A

Ask political party leaders your questions

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.