Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for Mechanical Engineering, applied for accomodation, now all that's left is to wait for results Good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I have firmed for politics, now just hoping the results go ok. A little nervous as coming from the south of England, but have been coming to Scotland all my life, so mostly just really excited

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with exams! Im from the south of England too so its quite a treck where abouts from south england are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've firmed sociology and politics Not too sure about a third subject yet.

ReputationRep:
    I've firmed French

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alison Lannon)
    I've firmed French
    Hi I'm going to be studying French too

ReputationRep:
    Ah nice one, beginners or advanced? :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alison Lannon)
    Ah nice one, beginners or advanced? :-)
    Advanced what about you? have you decided on another two subjects? I can't decide haha

ReputationRep:
    wrong tread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niaphonic)
    I'll be at Winton, my first choice was Queen Margaret but I didn't get it. I'm 'old' (23) so originally wanted to rent with someone, but as I'm moving from London on my own I figured I'd just do halls for first year to get to know people!
    I'm in the same position, I will be 23 at the start of the term. I will be staying at Winton since it seemed to have a good mix of undergrads and postgrads of different ages. What will you be studying?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think it'd be a good idea to pick up a humanity or arts subject as my third in first year? I'm going to do Maths and for my other 2 subjects its out of Chemistry(Done to AH), Physics(Done to H), History(Done SG) and Philosophy (Never done) and I'm so unsure on what to do, especially because History and Philosophy do interest me, despite not getting the opportunity to pursue them further?

The only bad thing is though that I don't think I take well to essay subjects, I've only done English but I was pretty awful at it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFOMaster)
    Does anyone think it'd be a good idea to pick up a humanity or arts subject as my third in first year? I'm going to do Maths and for my other 2 subjects its out of Chemistry(Done to AH), Physics(Done to H), History(Done SG) and Philosophy (Never done) and I'm so unsure on what to do, especially because History and Philosophy do interest me, despite not getting the opportunity to pursue them further?

The only bad thing is though that I don't think I take well to essay subjects, I've only done English but I was pretty awful at it..
    Have a look into Celtic Civilisation it's a mixture of archaeology and history.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Studying physics next year Anyone doing the same? Also applied for accommodation at Wolfson hall

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodsworth)
    Nice! Maths and Physics MA here. Applied for QM accommodation
    Finally someone doing science! Firmed place for physics and Wolfson accomodation

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just got my accomodation. Anyone else get twin room student apartments?
    Im doing English lit and theater studies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DmDm234)
    Thought I'd make this thread for all of us who have firmed an offer from Glasgow University and will be starting as freshers in September
    Hi, I'm just wondering whether Glasgow has any leniency on grades. I've got a conditional offer, which I've firmed, but it seems that my grades will not be as good as required. (I'm an EU student, and Glasgow requires an average of 1 for my country, which is like straight As for UK students -- isn't this a bit excessive?) I mean, if they require me to have an average of 1, and I turn out to have 1.6, is there still a chance of being accepted? Are there quotas for home, UK and EU students?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juju1995)
    Hi, I'm just wondering whether Glasgow has any leniency on grades. I've got a conditional offer, which I've firmed, but it seems that my grades will not be as good as required. (I'm an EU student, and Glasgow requires an average of 1 for my country, which is like straight As for UK students -- isn't this a bit excessive?) I mean, if they require me to have an average of 1, and I turn out to have 1.6, is there still a chance of being accepted? Are there quotas for home, UK and EU students?
    I believe they're are quotas, and there leniency will be dependent on how many miss there offer. The more people that miss the offer, the more lenient they'll be since they still need bums on seats. You'd just have to wait and see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lakshmi_sekhar)
    I just got my accomodation. Anyone else get twin room student apartments? Im doing English lit and theater studies
    I thought about the apartments, but I ended up in Murano. I'm also doing English Lit though

ReputationRep:
    Dentistry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily_Jane)
    Advanced what about you? have you decided on another two subjects? I can't decide haha
    Me too I was thinking sociology for one but not sure about the other, how about you?

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.