Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_shaw)
    sorry I've taken so long to reply, I haven't been on here for ages! I would love to join the fb group, what's it called? Any idea where you're going to be staying yet? Really looking forward to meeting everyone too, nervous as well though!
    It's called Glasgow Vet School Firmers 2013, there are over 30 of us on there now!

Queen Margaret was my first choice but I didn't get it, I'll be living in Winton (i'm unconditional so I've already put down my deposit etc). Most of the vet students in the group are going for Wolfson as it's on the vet campus, I just didn't want catered halls so am happy to get the bus in each day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwilson)
    I have an unconditional
    Here is a slideshow of QM flats, but it doesn't show the bathroom :/

http://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/a...esidencestour/

Wolfson:
    http://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/a...lfsonhalltour/

and student apartments:
    http://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/a...partmentstour/

Hope that helps!
    Thank you so much !

ReputationRep:
    Hey, anyone that has firmed or is thinking of firming economics we now have a facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1908...group_activity

Hope to see more economists soon!

ReputationRep:
    Firmed for English Lit hopefully heading to a large flat in Murano, i hear the social aspect is good

ReputationRep:
    Can't decide whether to accept Bristol or Glasgow for my MSc. I'm edging towards Bristol but don't want to pass up the opportunity to study at Glasgow. So much history there

ReputationRep:
    Firmed my unconditional for an MSc in Equality & Human Rights for 2014-15!!! A little early but damn excited. Been reading blogs of Americans studying at the uni and it's positively exciting.

ReputationRep:
    Msc Human Rights/Maclay Residences.... i'm just ready to go

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm sorry if I'm the hundredth person who asks this, but when does fresher's week start and what exactly is it? I'm from Austria and I'm not sure if we have that sort of thing here (if we do, I don't know about it^^). Also, I was wondering whether EU-students can attend orientation as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catrine)
    Hey I'm sorry if I'm the hundredth person who asks this, but when does fresher's week start and what exactly is it? I'm from Austria and I'm not sure if we have that sort of thing here (if we do, I don't know about it^^). Also, I was wondering whether EU-students can attend orientation as well?
    Will probably start 9th Sept, it's a week that lets you get used to uni and a chance to meet new people, sign up to societies ect. Depending on what courses you're taking you might have to turn up to one intro lecture.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shomberlon)
    Will probably start 9th Sept, it's a week that lets you get used to uni and a chance to meet new people, sign up to societies ect. Depending on what courses you're taking you might have to turn up to one intro lecture.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, that sounds good so do the normal lectures start one week after, on the 16th? Because I thought the year was going to start on the 27th...

ReputationRep:
    Oh, that sounds good so do the normal lectures start one week after, on the 16th? Because I thought the year was going to start on the 27th...
    Yeah should do, the 9th is an educated guess going off of when I started last year. 27th seems a little late but don't hold me to that, you guys should hear around August with all the details.

ReputationRep:
    Umm... Freshers starts on the 16th, Lectures start on the 23rd, and people move in on the 13th!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheFOMaster)
    Umm... Freshers starts on the 16th, Lectures start on the 23rd, and people move in on the 13th!
    Cool, thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    Cool, thank you very much!
    Here's the calender for the year

http://www.gla.ac.uk/media/media_264477_en.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlenGostlow)
    Hey, I'm from south of England so its probably a similar distance to Glasgow for me too! You looking forward to it?
    Oh, I actually used to live it Kent! But now live in Suffolk, so yeah, we're fairly close. I'm so, so excited, just hoping exams go well next week! what about you? And what will you be studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dannirave95)
    Hey, just seen your post. I have also confirmed my place for Psychology and Murano Street is also my first choice. I live around 350 miles from Glasgow too, whereabouts are you from? I am so excited about starting but nervous at the same time because I will not know anyone and will be so far away from home. I am sure it will be the best decision I ever made though
    Wow, we're in exactly the same position! I'm from Suffolk, what about you? I'm exactly the same, terrified, but Glasgow was too good to turn down for some of my other offers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luciaandrade)
    I'm MSc International Management and Design Innovation. I'm also staying at Maclay! I havent heard much about it though, hope its nice!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luciaandrade)

(Original post by asack)
    I'm MSc International Management and Design Innovation. I'm also staying at Maclay! I havent heard much about it though, hope its nice!
    Hey! Firmed my offer for the MSc in Psychological Studies and am also going to be at Maclay Residences (looks nice in the photos!).

ReputationRep:
    Hi I firmed my offer to study French at Glasgow anyone else studying French?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephanie2)
    Hey! Firmed my offer for the MSc in Psychological Studies and am also going to be at Maclay Residences (looks nice in the photos!).
    You guys will have to tell me how Maclay is! I actually stayed in Partick/Beith Street two months ago, so I wasn't far.

Jealous!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.