Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    Anyone ever tried it, and if so, is it any good? I quite like "natural" looking make up, so wondering if it's worth shelling out...

ReputationRep:
    I've used Bobbi Brown since I was 14 my auntie bought me pretty much the entire range of products for my skin type so I've tried most of their products!

Their brushes are fantastic & I prefer them to MAC ones - fantastic quality, just the right amount of firmness & softness - their Face brush, eyeshadow brush and mini eyeliner brush are my favourites. I still use the Rose blush every day since it's such a pretty, universal shade and one compact has lasted me years. I did love the compact oil-free foundation for ages but prefer a light BB cream in the summer and I've been using Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation a whole lot instead lately. Not to mention the loose powder in Yellow, hated it at first but it gives the prettiest natural daytime glow when lightly swept over pale skin with redness problems (like mine).

Their skincare range was okay but didn't blow me away - both the eye makeup remover, eye cream and face wash in the big silver tube all felt good on my skin but nothing special for the price.

However some people love their lipglosses but I found them annoyingly sticky and hard to apply with the brush application. Adding to that I'm not the kind of person who spends more than a couple of ££ on lipgloss - BB's shimmery ones cost over £17!

In short, I love the brand and some of their products are well worth the money for a pretty, natural look - hope that helped!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxcs)
    I've used Bobbi Brown since I was 14 my auntie bought me pretty much the entire range of products for my skin type so I've tried most of their products!

Their brushes are fantastic & I prefer them to MAC ones - fantastic quality, just the right amount of firmness & softness - their Face brush, eyeshadow brush and mini eyeliner brush are my favourites. I still use the Rose blush every day since it's such a pretty, universal shade and one compact has lasted me years. I did love the compact oil-free foundation for ages but prefer a light BB cream in the summer and I've been using Rimmel's Wake Me Up foundation a whole lot instead lately. Not to mention the loose powder in Yellow, hated it at first but it gives the prettiest natural daytime glow when lightly swept over pale skin with redness problems (like mine).

Their skincare range was okay but didn't blow me away - both the eye makeup remover, eye cream and face wash in the big silver tube all felt good on my skin but nothing special for the price.

However some people love their lipglosses but I found them annoyingly sticky and hard to apply with the brush application. Adding to that I'm not the kind of person who spends more than a couple of ££ on lipgloss - BB's shimmery ones cost over £17!

In short, I love the brand and some of their products are well worth the money for a pretty, natural look - hope that helped!
    Thank you for giving such a detailed reply! Think I'll definitely give some of them a go

ReputationRep:
    I use their creamy concealer and it is brilliant!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Hit and miss:

The Skin foundation isn't great - oxidizes and looks shiny, even when set with powder.
    Sheer Finish powder is 'ok' - does mattify reasonably well, however.
    Corrector - as someone with dark circles, I really rate this. It's an essential part of my make-up.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.