Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    There's worse than Tottenham!
    Oh I don't live in Tottenham. But Tottenham isn't actually that bad, they have nice historic buildings!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayyah)
    Is it
    Wikipedia says Croydon is in south :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    I love London

I've been to ever tube station!

It's all good!
    Did you ride on all tube lines? :sexface: Have you tried to go on an overground? DLR? Tram?

ReputationRep:
    I love London. I live in south east London, but travel into central London (Oxford Street) for work. I love the vibrance, the culture, the energy of London.

I'm pissed off that my part of London doesn't have the Tube, considering the Tube goes to obscure places in the middle of nowhere outside of London's borders (Epping? Who the heck lives in Epping, or has even heard of it?), but the overground train service is very good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForgetMe)
    Did you ride on all tube lines? :sexface: Have you tried to go on an overground? DLR? Tram?
    I've been on all of them

The only DLR station I haven't been to is Beckton!

And I missed the Clapham Junction -surrey quays new line!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by senz72)
    Oh I don't live in Tottenham. But Tottenham isn't actually that bad, they have nice historic buildings!
    Broadwater farm estate lol!

ReputationRep:
    North London dunkno'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bijesh12)
    West London - UB1 - Southall

Posted from TSR Mobile
    LOOL same ub1

ReputationRep:
    West London UB1 :cool:

ReputationRep:
    South-East London here..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by navarre)
    I love London. I live in south east London, but travel into central London (Oxford Street) for work. I love the vibrance, the culture, the energy of London.

I'm pissed off that my part of London doesn't have the Tube, considering the Tube goes to obscure places in the middle of nowhere outside of London's borders (Epping? Who the heck lives in Epping, or has even heard of it?), but the overground train service is very good.
    Well, you have overground and DLR

(Original post by a729)
    I've been on all of them

The only DLR station I haven't been to is Beckton!

And I missed the Clapham Junction -surrey quays new line!
    What have you been doing there? Just for fun? Once for fun I took a bus from Lewisham Station to Central Croydon, from there took a tram to Morden and from there took a tube on Northern Line to Central London Later, I regretted because it took me damn 1 hour to get to Croydon from Lewisham

I've been to Beckton once with DLR from Canning Town as in Beckton there is a supermarket that sell products from my home country. I'll be going next weekend there again to buy some stuff

In summer, might try that cabin transport which operates from North Greenwich peninsula to Royal Victoria :dance:

Since nor my nephew or my sister will like to see London for fun, I'm going to plan to see it on my own

ReputationRep:
    North

ReputationRep:

DLR doesn't even come close to my part of London. But the overground is very good, and I can get fast trains into central London, which in reality would probably be quicker than the Tube.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by navarre)
    DLR doesn't even come close to my part of London. But the overground is very good, and I can get fast trains into central London, which in reality would probably be quicker than the Tube.
    In which place exactly do you live? Overground has a huge plus that is it's less shaky, I felt like I was just standing on ground whereas once while on underground, was sitting and my legs were shaking all the time like jelly into different sides :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    South east/kent border here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :))
    Mile end. They exist! You can find them congrigating at hip bars inbrick lane/ shorditch or dropping cid in trendy squats.

Oh hai there, never would have guessed from your name :rolleyes: (thats meant in a joky way btw, before anyone gets upset)
    That's true lol, there's a growing number if posh (hipster) kids living in east london (shoreditch, hoxton, whitechapel and mile end etc). I think it's great

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

What have you been doing there? Just for fun? Once for fun I took a bus from Lewisham Station to Central Croydon, from there took a tram to Morden and from there took a tube on Northern Line to Central London Later, I regretted because it took me damn 1 hour to get to Croydon from Lewisham

I've been to Beckton once with DLR from Canning Town as in Beckton there is a supermarket that sell products from my home country. I'll be going next weekend there again to buy some stuff

In summer, might try that cabin transport which operates from North Greenwich peninsula to Royal Victoria :dance:

Since nor my nephew or my sister will like to see London for fun, I'm going to plan to see it on my own
    Yes I travelled for fun! I even am a member of the TfL youth panel!!

Yes I know the 75 is long - you may as well have got the 54 to Woolwich and got the DLR from there! Or just stayed on the 436 till Victoria!

I went to East Beckton Sainsburys and retail park -getting the 262 from Gallions Reach -just 1 stop from Beckton!

The cable care- I've been one it twice ...I heard it's losing money because it doesn't go as far as say Stratford in the North!

ReputationRep:
    In which place exactly do you live? Overground has a huge plus that is it's less shaky, I felt like I was just standing on ground whereas once while on underground, was sitting and my legs were shaking all the time like jelly into different sides :hmmm:
    Probably say Croydon- which has trains to Victoria?London Bridge within 20 mins and the London Overground

Or South norwood

ReputationRep:
    I've lived in London my whole life but I still don't know my way around. Anyone else in the same position haha?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notsure)
    That's true lol, there's a growing number if posh (hipster) kids living in east london (shoreditch, hoxton, whitechapel and mile end etc). I think it's great
    Lol "got on a train from cambridgeshire...
    moooved down to an east-london flat" ~ The ******** song.

Im not even hip enough to be considerd a hipster unfortunally!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.