Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Do you post your pictures on Facebook to attract the opposite sex? Watch

ReputationRep:
    The people you know already do not need to see what you look like so I believe we all upload our pics for the sake of being noticed by the opposite sex which is why my friend recently forced his new girlfriend to take down her Facebook.

ReputationRep:
    No although if it has that effect I won't complain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sissoko46)
    The people you know already do not need to see what you look like so I believe we all upload our pics for the sake of being noticed by the opposite sex which is why my friend recently forced his new girlfriend to take down her Facebook.
    Umm, that is not the reason why I post pictures on facebook.

ReputationRep:
    People post as a way of cataloging events in their lives

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    No although if it has that effect I won't complain
    affect*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammi_K?)
    Umm, that is not the reason why I post pictures on facebook.
    You keep telling yourself that then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sufferin succotash)
    People post as a way of cataloging events in their lives

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Well why not just store it in your computer then?

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't even pose in any of my pictures

The pictures I post are of my family and I so that my cousins and other family members can see what we are up to, I only use Facebook to talk with them as I can't be asked to keep paying just to call Germany

I also have pictures of my body (stomach, arms etc) on the beachbody forum so that others I talk to on there can see my progress. Like before and after pictures

ReputationRep:
    affect*
    *effect you halfwit. He was already right.

ReputationRep:
    affect*
    why create a thread just to irk everyone on it? Creepy.
    • TSR Support Team

This will be best suited to chat I think.

ReputationRep:
    Not really.

ReputationRep:
    Well why not just store it in your computer then?
    because if you share that event with someone ie friends or family they can see the photos as well, without having to go to your computer.

There are clearly multiple reason people upload photos to fb

ReputationRep:
    I post my pictures to get likes and to boost my ego.

Nah, not really, I just like to keep memories.

ReputationRep:
    affect*
    It's actually effect.

ReputationRep:
    Without realising it, we do.

Although alot of people here say they don't, maybe through ego or disillusionment with themselves, it is undoubtedly the sole reason we do this sort of thing. There have been many studies into this by leading pscyhologists and anthropologists and generally what they have found is that 80% of what we do is linked to attracting the opposite sex; from the way we eat to the way we walk!

ReputationRep:
    Well my profile picture is so that people who aren't quite sure if it's me from my name can know they're adding the right person and general photos are for my mum primarily, she likes to see that I'm having fun.
    Your friend sounds like he's pretty controlling tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melthusa)
    Without realising it, we do.

Although alot of people here say they don't, maybe through ego or disillusionment with themselves, it is undoubtedly the sole reason we do this sort of thing. There have been many studies into this by leading pscyhologists and anthropologists and generally what they have found is that 80% of what we do is linked to attracting the opposite sex; from the way we eat to the way we walk!
    I'm quite interested in this. Especially people doing things like wearing makeup, wearing push-up bras and generally making choices which would make them more sexually appealing, but then saying they do it because "it just makes me feel better, nothing to do with attracting men" Do you have a source for your 80% figure? I've googled a bit but haven't found anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basil Brush)
    I'm quite interested in this. Especially people doing things like wearing makeup, wearing push-up bras and generally making choices which would make them more sexually appealing, but then saying they do it because "it just makes me feel better, nothing to do with attracting men" Do you have a source for your 80% figure? I've googled a bit but haven't found anything.
    I'm at Oxford so we usually have debates about this sort of thing; so I have it on reasonable verbal sources, although I have no article or paper to quote on so to speak but its a very logical idea to think of.

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.