Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone having a leavers ball this year??
    Are you going for the traditional formal with a band etc...or just a dj or what??
    just curious- i am on my gap year but wondered what other people we doing!!

ps if u need a band i have some contacts!!

ReputationRep:
    My school ball was cool. We had it in our main hall/theatre, and a marquee was put up inside it. I was hoping for live music but we had a bad dj who was playing cd's!! Some of the younger teachers were behaving like the teachers from the Channel 4 programme - so that was good

The food was nice and it was a great night, bloody expensive mind - $35. Drinks were cheap from the bar though, and there was 4 bottles of wine for a table of 8.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    Anyone having a leavers ball this year??
    Are you going for the traditional formal with a band etc...or just a dj or what??
    just curious- i am on my gap year but wondered what other people we doing!!

ps if u need a band i have some contacts!!
    re-evaluate the thread title! we're having one at the town hall, even though our school is banned from there (we are all viscious trouble makers)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    re-evaluate the thread title! we're having one at the town hall, even though our school is banned from there (we are all viscious trouble makers)
    what's wrong with the thread title?
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    what's wrong with the thread title?
    nothing, you need a childs mind like me. actually i have several, but the children werent too happy about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    nothing, you need a childs mind like me. actually i have several, but the children werent too happy about it.
    lol
    is it cos it says balls??

ReputationRep:
    Leavers Ball..s are ACE.
    We just had or medics ball and it was fantastic - even if I spent £90 purely on alcohol even after a bottle of wine each and 2 glasses of champagne, add that to £45 for the ticket and its not really that cheap.

ReputationRep:
    I loved our leavers ball, it was one of the best night of my life! We hired a local entertainments venue and had a meal and a dodgy DJ, but everyone was so drunk it was a fantastic night. Two of the teachers ended up pulling, even though one of them was married with a kid, such a good night!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Leavers Ball..s are ACE.
    We just had or medics ball and it was fantastic - even if I spent £90 purely on alcohol even after a bottle of wine each and 2 glasses of champagne, add that to £45 for the ticket and its not really that cheap.
    Hungover much, Dave? Sounds great though, if rather pricey! At the May Ball it's all included thank God, and they've laid on ridiculous amounts per person - I guess it would get ugly if they ever ran out.

Our leavers' ball at school was quite good, but it was officially the "Summer Ball" and was as much for the social climbing parents of the school as it was for the U6th. We had to have parents with us, or be "accompanied" by someone else's parents, although we didn't have to sit with them. Despite that it was very good - the U6th managed to have their fun and the parents did too, only separately. As did some of the teachers...I am still scarred for life by the sight of my 30-40something year old Biology teacher dirty dancing with his new girlfriend :eek:

We had a sax player through dinner, which was nice, then a band for most of the night - they were very good, but we didn't know a lot of their songs. Then for the final hour and a half we had a disco, which was rather cheesy, but very entertaining considering most people were quite pissed by then. All in all very good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    Hungover much, Dave? Sounds great though, if rather pricey! At the May Ball it's all included thank God, and they've laid on ridiculous amounts per person - I guess it would get ugly if they ever ran out.

Our leavers' ball at school was quite good, but it was officially the "Summer Ball" and was as much for the social climbing parents of the school as it was for the U6th. We had to have parents with us, or be "accompanied" by someone else's parents, although we didn't have to sit with them. Despite that it was very good - the U6th managed to have their fun and the parents did too, only separately. As did some of the teachers...I am still scarred for life by the sight of my 30-40something year old Biology teacher dirty dancing with his new girlfriend :eek:

We had a sax player through dinner, which was nice, then a band for most of the night - they were very good, but we didn't know a lot of their songs. Then for the final hour and a half we had a disco, which was rather cheesy, but very entertaining considering most people were quite pissed by then. All in all very good.
    I spent a lot of sunday in bed feeling well below my best. As well as rather lighter in the wallet considering at one point I paid £8.50 for a Double Archers and Lemonade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    I spent a lot of sunday in bed feeling well below my best. As well as rather lighter in the wallet considering at one point I paid £8.50 for a Double Archers and Lemonade.
    £8.50?!?!? Thats daylight robbery!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    £8.50?!?!? Thats daylight robbery!
    It was old trafford what should i have expected. There is no way Man U should be losing the amount of money they must have taken that night.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.