Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Heart Condition - Blackpool Hospital. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I was wondering if some of you have had any experience with Blackpool Cardiology department? (In a way, hopefully you haven't!)

I have a heart condition at 18 years old called Idiopathic Tachycardia Syndrome, this basically means my heart rate can change dramatically from my normal resting rate of 90/110 to 170bpm+ my last hospitalization it was recorded at 210bpm. This happens suddenly and I have no way of controlling it other than taking bisoprolol and ivabradine daily.

My cardiologist at my current hospital is not much of a help at all really, it seems as though he is disregarding my condition as my heart itsself purely based on the fact I'm 18 and it could not possibly be my heart. I have had a 24 hours ECG tape which should persistant tachycardia, treadmill ECG which showed my blood pressure record at 240/120 so they had to stop the test and a heart scan which they couldn't see anything serious to report (thankfully)

On speaking to my first aid tutor who is highly experience and has worked as part of mountain rescue he suggested I ask my GP to transfer me to Blackpool cardiology as I may be able to get more tests and better advice and treatment to help control my condition as it does affect my life and makes my loved ones worry constantly as I do have a tendancy to also blackout/collapse as well as get some really serious chest pains which I use GTN for.

If anyone has any information on either a similar heart condition or the hospital please share, it will be really helpful.

Ayiesha x

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have never been a patient and I don't have any health issues. But my godkids mother had a problem with here heart... Some sort of enlargement thing. She was moved to Blackpool hospital and everything went well with her stay there. I went to visit here staff were extremely friendly.

That's all I know but just though I'd share

ReputationRep:
    Ah thank you for that :-) would you recommend the staff there from what you saw of how they treated your Godchildren's mother? Would she recommend anyone going there for treatment?

Ayiesha x

ReputationRep:
    I just asked her, and she said yes, she has no complaints :-)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.