The Student Room Group

What's your underground line?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by James A
eazyyyyyyy you know your stuff eh?

:yep: charring cross branch is on the left hand side.

The northern line board can be varied.

mill hill east via charring cross

mill hill east via bank

high barnet via bank

high barnet via charring cross

Edgware via bank

Edgware via charring cross

:eek4:

Yes but they want to split it so you have 2 separate lines!

By 2020 you won't be able to go directly to Bank from Edgware anyway more

It will make Euston less confusing!

I used to travel up and down the tube all the time!
Well, I take the Hammersmith & City and Circle lines most of the time.
Reply 82
Original post by RVNmax
I think I know where you live, near me! :tongue:

I know that area - it's real quite up there!

It's rather icky loooooooooooool!
Reply 83
Original post by spacemenrule94
Well, I take the Hammersmith & City and Circle lines most of the time.

Circle line is the worst line!
Central.
Reply 85
Closest to me is the one in Liverpool. Not sure exactly which station is closest to me. Possibly James Street.
Reply 86
Original post by Fullofsurprises
I reckon for sheer unpleasantness, being located on the Bakerloo must be pretty grim. Some people call it the 'Shakerloo'.

I LOVE the Shakerloo line - just for the fact that it just brings me back to the 2000s when every train was bumpy as hell lool.

But for me, my love is for the Victoria line; how can trains come every 30-60 seconds at peak times? (Obviously that doesn't happen all the time)
The central line is the most unreliable, in terms of the problems with the 1992 stocks.

Couple of derailments they had.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/2954448.stm

The picacdilly line is fairly reliable out of the lot.
District or Northern.
Reply 89
Original post by Muscovite
Ramsay Hall?

What's that?
Reply 90
Overground is closest to me, but when I get to London, I use the Victoria line to get to work. The Victoria line is the best line on the Tube... frequent, clean trains, short distances between stations and the woman announcer tells you what side of the Tube the doors will open... something I've never experienced on other Tube lines. I also use the Central line when staying round my gf's.

I have never used the Metropolitan (looks the most pointless Tube line), Piccadilly or the Northern lines before. I have used the Waterloo and City line, which is two stations and the shortest line.
Reply 91
Original post by Jsouassou
I LOVE the Shakerloo line - just for the fact that it just brings me back to the 2000s when every train was bumpy as hell lool.

But for me, my love is for the Victoria line; how can trains come every 30-60 seconds at peak times? (Obviously that doesn't happen all the time)

I loved the old vic trians more!
Reply 92
Original post by Muscovite
A hall, called Ramsay
:facepalm:

What's the relevance of mentioning it?
Reply 93
Original post by a729
I loved the old vic trians more!

Sometimes I do as well, that's why I use the Bakerloo line.. brings back memories
Reply 94
Original post by Jsouassou
Sometimes I do as well, that's why I use the Bakerloo line.. brings back memories

Ditto!

ALthough the vic were older- I'll be able to enjoy the bakerloo up till around 2020 when they will replace the trains :frown:
The old victoria line seemed more of a joy ride.

In a good way :cool:

Loved the way the train was at high speed, there's just something unique about those tunnels when the train goes fast.

Air rushes into your ear fast, the carriage bouncing a little bit, left to right, ahhhhh
Reply 96
Original post by kath_igidbashian
Metropolitan and Piccadilly are closest for me, I can walk to get the central line but that's a half hour trek for me :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

:ditto: The area of London with more tube stations than any other (assuming you don't live in the next area down the road to the west) :p:

Original post by James A
The central line is the most unreliable, in terms of the problems with the 1992 stocks.

Couple of derailments they had.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/2954448.stm

The picacdilly line is fairly reliable out of the lot.

At the moment the Bakerloo is the most "unreliable" in terms of delays etc. Usually it's the Circle/District/H&C, by a long way. The Central line is actually one of the most reliable and has comparatively few problems, even if it is way overcrowded a lot of the time.
Reply 97
I like the strech between Kings Cross heading eastbound on the circle/h and c/district. Some of the view out the window feels really old fashioned London.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by moregano
:ditto: The area of London with more tube stations than any other (assuming you don't live in the next area down the road to the west) :p:

At the moment the Bakerloo is the most "unreliable" in terms of delays etc. Usually it's the Circle/District/H&C, by a long way. The Central line is actually one of the most reliable and has comparatively few problems, even if it is way overcrowded a lot of the time.

The Central Line had many train faults, but regular servicing looks to have done the trick.

Thinking about it, all the derailments they had is a scary thought. But most of em' happened in 2003. IT could happen anytime, but the chances are extremely low now.
Reply 99
Original post by a729
Ditto!

ALthough the vic were older- I'll be able to enjoy the bakerloo up till around 2020 when they will replace the trains :frown:

Is that how long it's going to take for them to pimp the bakerloo line? Damn, I'll be able to go to uni up North, come back and STILL enjoy the line :biggrin: Oh, I'm so happy!

Quick Reply

Latest