Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

What's your underground line? Watch

• View Poll Results: What's your underground line? (You can select more than one!)
    Victoria
    30.30%
    Northern
    33.33%
    Bakerloo
    9.09%
    District
    15.15%
    Circle
    12.12%
    Jubilee
    12.12%
    DLR and London Overground( technically not tube but they're on the tube map)
    6.06%
    Central
    15.15%
    Piccadilly
    33.33%
    Hammersmith & City
    6.06%
    Waterloo & City
    3.03%
    Metropolitan
    9.09%
    I don't have one, but I wish I did!
    9.09%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sky_Dream)
    The district line is generally slow/always got maintenance on though. Bank just takes forever to walk through, which ever way you go, I find.
    Hmm that's due to the upgrade worjs-preparing for the new traind!

ReputationRep:
    Nearest ones to me are:

District line
    Hammersmith & City line
    London Overground <--- better one

Soon to come:

London Crossrail

I'm very lucky and also have access to a city night bus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moregano)
    Well I'm guessing Ruislip, but could be Ickenham as well
    Well you'd be right, well technically Eastcote, but my official address says so Ruislip...

ReputationRep:
    Circle and district or northern

Circle and district are possibly the most annoying, difficult train lines ever!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I live 5 minutes away from my tube station, which is towards the end of the Central Line. Can't really complain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InnerTemple)
    You must use a similar route to me...
    i take the c2c (most of the time) towards upminister rather than the ditrict line the whole way
    whats your route?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justanormalperson)
    Nearest ones to me are:

District line
    Hammersmith & City line
    London Overground <--- better one

Soon to come:

London Crossrail

I'm very lucky and also have access to a city night bus.
    I'm guessing whitechapel station?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by notsure)
    i take the c2c (most of the time) towards upminister rather than the ditrict line the whole way
    whats your route?
    Depends upon where I am going. It is usually a C2C train from an undisclosed location in Essex to West Ham and then either:

- The Jubilee line to Canary Wharf (sometimes I'll stay on the C2C to Limehouse and use the DLR); or
    - The District/Hamersmith and City line to Mile End and then the Central Line to Holborn.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just outside London, the Victoria and Central lines are closest to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    Don't forget how they use to practically bounce between King Cross and Seven Sisters!

And the 'emergency braking' that was the normal way to break! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNqKnfT52tw)

That clip brings back memories <3

And the trains felt fast too!
    I even loved the commentary too!

I loved the Victoria line with a passion- I missed those trains

'please move right down inside the car' It was superb!
    If I was in charge the money spent on the silly new trains would have been spent extending the Victoria line to Streatham!
    Ahh see, I wouldn't know that because I never usually take the Victoria line past Oxford Circus - which is strange as I used to take the bus to King's Cross often.. why didn't I take the train?

ANYWAYS, Ahhhhhh I miss that lady "Please move down inside the car" and she used to say "Brixton" funny. Loved it, loved it.

Ah nah, I'm not agreeing with you on that. It's only right it terminates at Brixton. I LOVE being able to board either platform to take me Northbound; I don't want a southbound from Brixton! Anyways Streatham has those ugly 'Southern' trains and the even worse 'First Capital Connect' trains. They need to replace them as they are so bad.

But yeah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    Yeah- they're having problems getting funding!

They also want to change the Piccadilly line trains too!

I think they should extend the bakerloo line and victoria without wasting money painting stations and new trains

The Northern Line will be upgraded by next year
    The Piccadilly line is... okay; it doesn't need upgrading. It's the central line - they need to replace those 1992 stock trains, not change the windows!!!!

And I totally agree with you, they 'renovate' lots of stations, but.. do they REALLY seem different?

The Bakerloo line should definitely be extended; I'm sure it can go as far as Lewisham (I hope it does; I'd be using that line FAR more than I do now lol).

ReputationRep:
    Northern and Central. Eww London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jsouassou)
    The Piccadilly line is... okay; it doesn't need upgrading. It's the central line - they need to replace those 1992 stock trains, not change the windows!!!!

And I totally agree with you, they 'renovate' lots of stations, but.. do they REALLY seem different?

The Bakerloo line should definitely be extended; I'm sure it can go as far as Lewisham (I hope it does; I'd be using that line FAR more than I do now lol).
    Unfortunately TfL seems to prioritise style over substance- look at the millions spent on the new bus for London!

I love the central line trains-their relatively long-they got 43 years out of the Victoria line trains! To be honest they don't necessarily really ned to replace any trains for while!

The bakerloo line is unlikely to reach Lewisham because you guys already have the DLR and national rail!

If someone like me becomes mayor of London or I charge of TfL things would change!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jsouassou)
    Ahh see, I wouldn't know that because I never usually take the Victoria line past Oxford Circus - which is strange as I used to take the bus to King's Cross often.. why didn't I take the train?

ANYWAYS, Ahhhhhh I miss that lady "Please move down inside the car" and she used to say "Brixton" funny. Loved it, loved it.

Ah nah, I'm not agreeing with you on that. It's only right it terminates at Brixton. I LOVE being able to board either platform to take me Northbound; I don't want a southbound from Brixton! Anyways Streatham has those ugly 'Southern' trains and the even worse 'First Capital Connect' trains. They need to replace them as they are so bad.

But yeah!
    Ideally Brixton should have 4 platforms

2 in each direction allowing trains to terminate at Brixton if necessary
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    Ideally Brixton should have 4 platforms

2 in each direction allowing trains to terminate at Brixton if necessary
    you a fan of the A-stock trains (metropolitan line)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    you a fan of the A-stock trains (metropolitan line)?
    Yeah-they had good seating!

But they didn't have a commentary like the old Victoria line trains did
    • TSR Support Team
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    Yeah-they had good seating!

But they didn't have a commentary like the old Victoria line trains did
    yh, i wanna get a cab ride in one of the trains.

any lu train infact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    yh, i wanna get a cab ride in one of the trains.

any lu train infact.
    I would too lool!

Tbh I'd love to work for them loool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a729)
    Yes King's Cross to Liverpool Street/Aldgate is good

Though KGX station is boring
    St Pancras is boring too, despite much fanfare when it opened for the eurostar.

ReputationRep:
    China

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.