Turn on thread page Beta
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    Dear TSR.

    Me and my girlfriend have been in a relationship for 4 years this June. It's been great, I love her very much and we get on like a married couple. We're both 18 and in our second year at sixth form. The only problem is things aren't working downstairs. We try to engage in sexual intercourse as much as we can but it hurts her almost every time if I penetrate. Other sexual activities such as oral work for her but just not penetration. Sometimes we have to stop completely leaving both of us feeling rather upset about it. I'm her first partner and she has never had sex with anyone else, and the same applies to me.
    She has been to see the Dr about it but the Dr doesn't want to know and is not helping at all.

    This is making both of us depressed and although we have a very strong relationship, we're being tested.

    I love her so much, but the monthly bouts of depression are getting too much.

    Does anyone have any advice for us please?

    See a different doctor or go to a sexual health clinic. See if lube helps

    She should see a different doctor. Sex isn't supposed to hurt and her GP should be willing to find out what's going on.

    i advise you see a doctor!! if you find that too embarrassing maybe encourage her to get a couple of sex toys that she can use herself to get herself used to penetration. this way she can learn her limits and when she's ready to do more she can do it at a rate that she's comfortable. also sex toys are great for learning more about your sexuality and can really be a confidence booster.

    Not to mention, if she's a sharer you can use them on her
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2013
The home of Results and Clearing


people online now


students helped last year
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.