Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

What can/should I send to the US? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It's been a while since I last started a thread here on TSR, but I've had something on my mind for a while.

I've been planning on sending a package of traditionally British things to my friend in Texas, but I'm at a complete loss as to what to send. I've thought about sweets, but I'm not sure what else I could send as well. I don't want to spend too much as I'm a student and so don't have much money.

Any suggestions would be welcome

ReputationRep:
    Postacrds

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cadbury's chocolate.

ReputationRep:
    Bump?

ReputationRep:
    Make a cup of tea, freeze it, somehow keep it sub-0 temp for the journey (put it in the pilots fridge or something)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dylann)
    Make a cup of tea, freeze it, somehow keep it sub-0 temp for the journey (put it in the pilots fridge or something)
    I would rep you, but sadly I've run out for today :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hagen)
    Cadbury's chocolate.
    This. They can buy cadbury in America but it is made in the style of American chocolate AFAIK, ever tried Hersheys? It's vile. I know a few Americans they all say our chocolate is much nicer and our versions of the same products (galaxy bars, dairy milk etc) are what they prefer. Oh and if they like tea then send teabags, again it's not great over there tea wise. I'd send Yorkshire tea because it is the best (PG tips is okay, if you prefer Typhoo you can GTFO).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super_kawaii)
    I would rep you, but sadly I've run out for today :P
    try again now yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

ReputationRep:
    Just don't send Kinder Surprise eggs. They're banned over there because of the choking hazard or what ever.

When sending things over to friends and family, I usually send Nik Naks and Scampi Fries. Battenburg is also a good'un.

ReputationRep:
    Def kinder egg :3

ReputationRep:
    Marmite :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cake Faced Kid.)
    Marmite :ahee:
    That is not British!!!!! That is from New Zealand and they've just reopened the factory, yay!!

ReputationRep:
    Send a pound coin, they seem perpetually confused by coins instead of notes :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CodeJack)
    Def kinder egg :3
    Don't. Just, don't.

The prohibiton on the eggs is supposed to end this year, but the new style of eggs is so dumb.

The fact that it's even a thing is laughable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    That is not British!!!!! That is from New Zealand and they've just reopened the factory, yay!!
    I know, but from what I remember, it's not readily available in the US.

Also pink wafer biscuits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cake Faced Kid.)
    I know, but from what I remember, it's not readily available in the US.

Also pink wafer biscuits.
    Mmm depends where you go, almost all specialty shops seem to carry it and a few safeways, although it seems to be mainly the tourist spots that have it and by god do they charge for it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cl_steele)
    (Original post by wikipedia)
    In 1902 the Marmite Food Extract Company was formed in Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, England by the Gilmour family, with Marmite as its main product and Burton as the site of the first factory.......
    The product's popularity prompted the Sanitarium Health Food Company to obtain sole rights to distribute the product in New Zealand and Australia in 1908.[7] They later began manufacturing Marmite under licence in Christchurch, albeit using a modified version of the original recipe, most notable for its inclusion of sugar and caramel
    not quite :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    not quite :p:
    Read the last bit, sole rights . it's as kiwi as they come now and they're very proud of it, when the factory got squished I'm sure many of them were more upset about that than the rest of the town falling over

Edit: damn been living over here to long my mistake apologies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyEddy)
    Don't. Just, don't.

The prohibiton on the eggs is supposed to end this year, but the new style of eggs is so dumb.

The fact that it's even a thing is laughable.
    bu..but.. I wanted to smuggle kinder eggs..

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.