Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I apologise If this is brief as I'm on my phone

Basically could someone expand on the difficulty of courses dependant on uni ranking. For example, going to a uni ranked 80 or goin uni ranked 8. Would there be a massive different in work?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say it's harder to get a good 2:1 or first if you're at a higher ranked University - for example, one of my friends at Leicester Uni gets a 75 (first) without trying, while I struggle to get a 68 (high 2:1).
    If you want any further insight into study as a student, I do a blog for my Uni (Exeter): http://blogs.exeter.ac.uk/eyesofimi/...n-referencing/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imidorotheah)
    I'd say it's harder to get a good 2:1 or first if you're at a higher ranked University - for example, one of my friends at Leicester Uni gets a 75 (first) without trying, while I struggle to get a 68 (high 2:1).
    If you want any further insight into study as a student, I do a blog for my Uni (Exeter): http://blogs.exeter.ac.uk/eyesofimi/...n-referencing/
    My whole night will consist of reading your blog

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths94)
    My whole night will consist of reading your blog

thanks
    aw thanks

ReputationRep:
    Right, I'm not on lunch anymore so I'll re-write my question in a bit mor detail.

I have two options for University, one being ranked around 8/10th and the other around 70. The lower ranked University would be more viable as it's local.

I'm finding it difficult making the choice, I'm unsure about how much employers value higheked universities. I'm trying to weigh up my options finding both the advantages/dis of each too help make my decision. I'd prefer not moving anyway to Lancaster because the envirois exactly for me. However, it is a top notch University.

Now, down to the main question. How will the difficult differ between the two Universities. Will they be similiar in terms of difficulty?

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.