Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA GCSE - Unit 3 (P3,B3,C3) New specification papers. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Anonymous)
    Yh basically so correct, however, just make sure you know this in detail.

Active transport is the movement of particles from an area of low concentration, to an area of high concentration , which is against the concentration gradient.
    How much more detail can I go into? And correct!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolface32)
    How much more detail can I go into? And correct!
    Like the 'shielding effect' as the electron is in the outer shell, the distance between the electron and the positive nucleus is increased causing there to be less attraction forces, the electrons in the inner shell also create a shielding affect which causes the electron/atom to be more easily lost, hence the decrease in reactivitiy

ReputationRep:
    Urm, how do you remove the temporary hardness of hardwater...?

ReputationRep:
    Urm, how do you remove the temporary hardness of hardwater...?
    Have not touched on that bit of C3 yet Will do tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Have not touched on that bit of C3 yet Will do tomorrow!
    ahh okay mate, . Biology: what is transpiration? and what conditions increase the rate of it?

ReputationRep:
    ahh okay mate, . Biology: what is transpiration? and what conditions increase the rate of it?
    It is water loss from evaporation and/or diffusion. Not been taught how the rate is increased but I am assuming that the surface area of the leaf could be increased. Conditions outside the leaf could be dryer than inside, thus increasing the rate? I'm naat suuureee

ReputationRep:
    Evaluate the use of Artificial ventilators!

ReputationRep:
    It is water loss from evaporation and/or diffusion. Not been taught how the rate is increased but I am assuming that the surface area of the leaf could be increased. Conditions outside the leaf could be dryer than inside, thus increasing the rate? I'm naat suuureee
    well done you got the definition write , it increases in sunny,dry and windy conditions

ReputationRep:
    well done you got the definition write , it increases in sunny,dry and windy conditions
    You sure there is nothing about surface area or concentration of water outside the plant ?

How are alveoli adapted for diffusion?

ReputationRep:
    You sure there is nothing about surface area or concentration of water outside the plant ?

How are alveoli adapted for diffusion?
    yhh im pretty sure ,

Urm, they have a large surface area, they're ventilated as c02 comes to the alveoli and o2 is exchanged which provides a steep concentration gradient, the have a good blood supply as they are close to the capillaries, the alveoli are thin and only one cell thick which increase the diffusion path and lasty they're spherical which increases the surface area

ReputationRep:
    what is the flame colour for positive metail ion tests for: lithium,barium and potassium?

ReputationRep:
    what is the flame colour for positive metail ion tests for: lithium,barium and potassium?
    Last one, just downloaded the hobbit and gonna watch it!
    Potassium= Lilac
    Barium= Green
    Lithium was a red-ish type colour Again, barely revised this stuff!

You wanna do some more tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    Last one, just downloaded the hobbit and gonna watch it!
    Potassium= Lilac
    Barium= Green
    Lithium was a red-ish type colour Again, barely revised this stuff!

You wanna do some more tomorrow?
    Well done, lithium is crimson , and yeah okay, what time roughly?

ReputationRep:
    Well done, lithium is crimson , and yeah okay, what time roughly?
    15:00?

ReputationRep:
    15:00?
    Okay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got the link to get the cgp papers for our spec???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got the link to get the cgp papers for our spec???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There are CPG papers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NightStrider)
    There are CPG papers?
    Apparently so :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Here is a question I need a bit of help with. For calculations using bond energies, you get an overall energy change in kJ/mol. But what is it per mole of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NightStrider)
    Here is a question I need a bit of help with. For calculations using bond energies, you get an overall energy change in kJ/mol. But what is it per mole of?
    Say it is a (H-Cl) bond, the bond energy would be 432 kJ/mol for each compund of this type. I don't see what is confusing about it

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.