The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE - Unit 3 (P3,B3,C3) New specification papers.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Can anyone explain how the hydraulics work for P3..? :confused:
Thanks..
Original post by Efemena15
Anyone up for questions at around 4pm or later?

Yhh okay :smile: might be on a bit later though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is the CGP any good for physics P3??? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 523
Original post by Arshii
Can anyone explain how the hydraulics work for P3..? :confused:
Thanks..

Ok, the formula for pressure is p= F/A (i'm sure you know what these represent)

The first piston has a small cross sectional area and a force is applied. The liquid (keeping in mind that pressure in a liquid is always EQUALLY TRANSMITTED IN ALL DIRECTIONS) will push against the second piston, which has a larger surface area. We know that P=F/A and so Pressure times area must equal force. With a larger area in the 2nd you would get a larger force than that of the first piston!

Get it?:cool: Or did I confuse you:frown:
Reply 524
Original post by lolface32

The first piston has a small cross sectional area and a force is applied. The liquid (keeping in mind that pressure in a liquid is always EQUALLY TRANSMITTED IN ALL DIRECTIONS) will push against the second piston, which has a larger surface area. We know that P=F/A and so Pressure times area must equal force. With a larger area in the 2nd you would get a larger force than that of the first piston!

Get it?:cool: Or did I confuse you:frown:

That was perfectly fine! thank you soo much ! - it was better than my revision guide! :smile: x
Reply 525
Original post by Arshii
That was perfectly fine! thank you soo much ! - it was better than my revision guide! :smile: x

No problem :wink:
CGP book any good for P3?
I dont understand what the whole hydraulics thing is :frown:

Can someone explain please?
Reply 528
I explain it a few posts before:smile:
Reply 529
Original post by Captain Anonymous
CGP book any good for P3?

I've been depending on it a lot. That and MYGCSE science:colondollar:
Reply 530
Original post by KimSmith1234
I dont understand what the whole hydraulics thing is :frown:

Can someone explain please?

P3 is so boring :redface:, and takes a fair time to get your head around :frown:
Reply 532
P3 is so boring :redface:, and takes a fair time to get your head around :frown:

You doing ray diagrams?
Original post by lolface32
You doing ray diagrams?

yeah done that like 2 hours ago, its okay but boring :wink:, i understand most of the things in 3a but its just confusing and boring ... *sigh* its a hard life...
Reply 534
yeah done that like 2 hours ago, its okay but boring :wink:, i understand most of the things in 3a but its just confusing and boring ... *sigh* its a hard life...

How much did you do today?
Reply 535
Original post by Efemena15
How much did you do today?

How much have you done? I've done 3 hours and cba to do anymore :tongue:
I've done like 4 hours of physics - finished all of 3a from the cgp book :smile:,

anyone up for revision game ?
Reply 537
I've done like 4 hours of physics - finished all of 3a from the cgp book :smile:,

anyone up for revision game ?

Explain the electric motor. how does it work..?
(I need some help on this as well aha) :smile:
Original post by Arshii
Explain the electric motor. how does it work..?
(I need some help on this as well aha) :smile:

LOL, sorry to disappoint but i've only done the first half of physics. All the X-rays and lenses work :colone:.
Explain what is meant by an image being virtual

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending