Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA GCSE - Unit 3 (P3,B3,C3) New specification papers. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Anonymous)
    Advantages: it produces a highly detailed image, which is 3D, ultrasound is not ionising therefore it is safe, Ultrasound scanning is noninvasive (no needles or injections) and is usually painless., Ultrasound is widely available, easy-to-use and less expensive than other imaging methods and it can distinguish between types of tissue.

Disadvantages: its expensive, not readily availiable, cannot sometimes detect some cancers

Uses: fetus check ups, removal of kidney stones
    Other use: Finding Defects within metals. :cool::cool::cool:

ReputationRep:
    TOHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! hello

ReputationRep:
    what are the disadvantages of using hydrogen in a fuel cell ;D

ReputationRep:
    Explain what is total internal reflection, and state its uses
    Total internal reflection is when incident ray angle is larger than the critical angle. Waves are continually reflected. It can be used in endoscopes and optical fibres, not done MUCH revision into this .

How does a catalyst and pressure change change the position of equilibrium?

ReputationRep:
    what are the disadvantages of using hydrogen in a fuel cell ;D
    It is very reactive and so it is dangerous to store
    Also, hydrogen is extracted from electrolysis. Electrolysis demands energy, and so you will just end up using Fossil fuels all over again

ReputationRep:
    Correct! ahhhh done equilibrium yesteday any way catalysts don't affect it in anyway they just speed up the reaction, and pressure affects it like this: if you have a higher pressure it will move to the side with less gaseous side and if you lower the pressure it will move to the side this more gaseous side (higher volume)

ReputationRep:
    state the basic properties of group 1 elements

ReputationRep:
    Correct! ahhhh done equilibrium yesteday any way catalysts don't affect it in anyway they just speed up the reaction, and pressure affects it like this: if you have a higher pressure it will move to the side with less gaseous side and if you lower the pressure it will move to the side this more gaseous side (higher volume)
    Co-freiken-rrect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolface32)
    Co-freiken-rrect

ahahaha awsome

ReputationRep:
    state the basic properties of group 1 elements
    -Low Density
    -All have one outer electron
    -Will always form Ionic Compounds with Non-Metals
    -React with water to produce Hydrogen Gas

ReputationRep:
    State the basic properties of The Halogens

ReputationRep:
    ahaha they're poisonous non metals which produce coloured vapours, less reactive going down the group, higher and boiling melthing points going down the group, however, they have lower melting and boiling points than alkali metals, form 1- halides with metals and a more reactive halogen will displace a les reactive one from an aqueous solution of its salt

ReputationRep:
    ahaha they're poisonous non metals which produce coloured vapours, less reactive going down the group, higher and boiling melthing points going down the group, however, they have lower melting and boiling points than alkali metals, form 1- halides with metals and a more reactive halogen will displace a les reactive one from an aqueous solution of its salt
    Correct!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dandaman7771)
    My Chem ISA was on self-heating cans if I remember, Physics on Hook's Law and Bio on Osmosis and diffusion in a Potato.
    My ISA'a were exactly the same as yours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobo123)
    My ISA'a were exactly the same as yours
    What did you get in them?

ReputationRep:
    So far,I've only finished revision for b3. I plan on doing physics next. Considering that our exams are in about a month,is this bad?? :s
    And I have to also revise for r.s,geography and english but iwan to do them last.
    p.s. If I want to finish both p3 and c3 in a week, how much revision would i have to do per day?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tohaaaa)
    To Everyone:

Go here, and please reply if it works

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...HvIlamplv8JD8Y
    Thanks. it works. And that's the book I was currently learning from anyways

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys get in your ISA's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolface32)
    I'm doing 10 GCSE's and 3 BTEC's
    Meh, Literature is a natural skill for me, always had a passion for it and writing essays just seems natural (got full marks in the CA so do not have to worry TO much)
    Not sure if it was a typo but it made me laugh

*Too

No hard feelings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memoona123456)
    What did you guys get in your ISA's?
    48, 48, 48
    100 UMS in each!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.