The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE - Unit 3 (P3,B3,C3) New specification papers.

Scroll to see replies

Can someone help me with the methodology of the Chemistry fuels ISA?

Thanks.
:eek: OMG! i done that ISA it was so difficult i done it when no one on student room had done it!
I done well in a strangely enough :s-smilie:
Original post by Captain Anonymous
:eek: OMG! i done that ISA it was so difficult i done it when no one on student room had done it!

I'm finding it very difficult too. I really don't understand anything :L
its so confusing, i found the papers so difficult
they're so many weird question in it, that i've never seen/done before and its written in a way which makes it even more confusing :s-smilie:
Original post by sneakbo2
Mine and Midnight's results clearly show that ISAs are a flawed process. That person who got 49 in all of them clearly got lots of help, then theres me who has:

Biology: 43
Physics: 42
Chem: 38 atm (First ever ISA so i'll retake and obviously get 42 or so again, that's like 100% in our school for people with actual knowledge of science.)

What's worse is all the C grade students get so much help in the ISAs, if I ask anything they won't help just cause I do well in the exams. It's a sly way to pull the stupid useless lazy students up. How can someone who gets Ds and Cs get 49 in an ISA in our school!?

Rant over

What person got 49 in all of them, I got 49 in two of them and hope you are not referring to me?:confused:

Besides, I don't understand why you are angry. ISA's are just the same questions over and over again, anyone can do good in them? But I have to agree with you, ISA's are INCREDIBLY flawed for this reason, easy A*. It is no wonder the losers in the bottom sets do better than those smarter :angry:
Really scared i'm going to do bad in this one.
Did quite good on the other ones, they were quite easy.
Bio - 48/50
Chem 45/50
Original post by lolface32
What person got 49 in all of them, I got 49 in two of them and hope you are not referring to me?:confused:

Besides, I don't understand why you are angry. ISA's are just the same questions over and over again, anyone can do good in them? But I have to agree with you, ISA's are INCREDIBLY flawed for this reason, easy A*. It is no wonder the losers in the bottom sets do better than those smarter :angry:

No it wasn't you, i'm pretty sure someone made a post and they got like 49/50 and 50/50 in all of them I can't remember the exact scores, but that's just unrealistic. I follow the mark schemes and don't even see how it's possible to lose so many marks. My teacher is refusing to show us the script and just pushes us to do another one when WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO ****ING IMPROVE. He said it's exam board rules that you are not allowed to see the script you wrote for the ISA? :confused: I know this isn't true, considering the fact that all the other teachers show their students the script for their ISAs, which makes it evident that they are being fishy and playing with our ISA marks.
Likewise, in my school they NEVER give us access to our scripts. Why don't you ask for another to remark it? and say you think you've been marked unfairly and harshly
No it wasn't you, i'm pretty sure someone made a post and they got like 49/50 and 50/50 in all of them I can't remember the exact scores, but that's just unrealistic. I follow the mark schemes and don't even see how it's possible to lose so many marks. My teacher is refusing to show us the script and just pushes us to do another one when WE DON'T KNOW HOW TO ****ING IMPROVE. He said it's exam board rules that you are not allowed to see the script you wrote for the ISA? :confused: I know this isn't true, considering the fact that all the other teachers show their students the script for their ISAs, which makes it evident that they are being fishy and playing with our ISA marks.

What 'script'?
Tbh this teacher is the head of science and is the most stubborn lazy teacher in existence, BUT IF IT COMES TO RESULTS DAY AND I SEE MY ISA WAS LIKE A LOW A OR B, SHIZZ IS GOING DOWN, that's all i'm saying.
What mark did he give you mate, speak to senior management, ask your mum/dad older brother/sister to write a letter into the school
Mate, its similar scenario in my school, like 10 people get 40+, 4 get like 45+ and the majority get like 30-39. Like 8 people get belowe 30
Original post by Captain Anonymous
What mark did he give you mate, speak to senior management, ask your mum/dad older brother/sister to write a letter into the school

Physics ISA I retook and got 41 :angry:

First time I got 42 in the Hooke's Law ISA, I wouldve got much higher but my teacher said he deducted marks every time I wrote spring in section 1. HE DEMONSTRATED THE ISA USING A SPRING, SO I ASSUMED WE WOULD USE A SPRING, LOGICAL RIGHT? Then I turn up to the practical part and we are using rubber bands. I mean what kind of teacher is this man. Anyway let's move on I don't wanna seem like some crybaby on TSR
What 'script'?

The script is the section 1 and 2 paper we write for the ISAs

First time I got 42 in the Hooke's Law ISA, I wouldve got much higher but my teacher said he deducted marks every time I wrote spring in section 1. HE DEMONSTRATED THE ISA USING A SPRING, SO I ASSUMED WE WOULD USE A SPRING, LOGICAL RIGHT? Then I turn up to the practical part and we are using rubber bands. I mean what kind of teacher is this man. Anyway let's move on I don't wanna seem like some crybaby on TSR

:eek: OMG your teacher is a **** lol, he can't do that :s-smilie:, and besides we got told it doesn't matter if you write spring/elastic band

Nope, let your anger out, seems it is the only place you can do it really. The best advice, probably not useful, I can give is be a consistent piss take on your school and the head of science :cool:
So....anyone seen any new films recently? :biggrin:
So....anyone seen any new films recently? :biggrin:

aahaha, doing it like a boss :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending