Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA GCSE - Unit 3 (P3,B3,C3) New specification papers. Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneakbo2)
    Sorry to break it to you, but those SCA4P ones arent our ISA grade boundaries, We do PHY4P CHY4P AND BIO4P or something like that, my teacher said if you do seperate sciences those arent the grade boundaries. Considering everyone is getting like 45+ they're far too low anyway so it makes sense
    Yes I'm aware of this but most teachers Mark them way to easily hence, the top marks. In fact only like 15 people in my school get in the 40's and the rest in the 30's. Therefore the boundaries shouldn't fluctuate much I would go on the basis of: 41 A* , 37 A, 33 B and 31 C with CAP being around 44

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    79+88=167
    A good estimate for your ISA would probably be 95 ums at least.
    Thus you are on 262 ums.
    360 for an A*, 320 for an A.
    You would need 58 for an A. Which is a high D.

You'll be fine!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farhan96)
    Do well in the ISA and try to get near full UMS - this year controlled assessments are a fairly easy way of moving up a grade.

If you get full ums in the ISA you need 94/95 UMS in B3 for an A* overall. Anything less in the ISA would put you in a difficult situation.
    Thanks. I will try my best in the isa just have section 2 left. How much do you need for ums?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your ISA is about 100 so you add up all your scores and take them away from 360 for A* and 320 for a A grade

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Anonymous)
    Just try and do really well in your ISA! or otherwise it'll be difficult for an A* overall then you may need to re sit B2/B1 if you want but, this may result in a lower score in B3.

Nevertheless, an A grade is still brilliant
    Thanks for the advice. I will try

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dandaman7771)
    Yes.
    My school bought it so everyone has one but I don't know how much it would be per person.
    Oh okay. Is it good ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What is everyones predictions for the ISA boundaries ??? Can they be different for each science?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello! My name is Yasmine.
    I'm taking Triple Science, and I'm predicted A's. I'm currently in Year 10, and I got 75/100 in my UMS for B1. I'm an A student, and so I wanted to know how I can improve for next time.
    My C1 and P1 exams are in June, so I have a while to revise. We haven't even learnt Unit 2 yet so I have no idea when my exams for that unit is.
    Resources, websites, videos, revision guides and tips are welcome! And if you could help me come up with a revision timetable, I'd be forever indebted to you.
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkgorilla)
    Oh okay. Is it good ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's OK. The problem is when you've gone through all the questions once, then its just repetition, but I have to say its probably the thing I use most.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'm aware of this but most teachers Mark them way to easily hence, the top marks. In fact only like 15 people in my school get in the 40's and the rest in the 30's. Therefore the boundaries shouldn't fluctuate much I would go on the basis of: 41 A* , 37 A, 33 B and 31 C with CAP being around 44

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought 44 would be an a* in c2 and it ended up being 49 even though it was harder than the June 2012 paper, you just can't tell these days

ReputationRep:
    C2 wasn't really a surprise , b2 was shocking I would have placed a bet that it wouldn't be higher than 44 a* and it turned out to be 48 but ISAs don't tend to change much

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do you think 41 raw Mark would be equivalent to in the ISA ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Help?

ReputationRep:
    Raw marks for ISA's don't look brilliant but, UMS marks do - these are the ones that matter to be honest.

The ISA boundaries are: 39 A*, 35 A, 31 B, 28 C

CAP (100UMS) is: 43/50
    How do you know 43 is 100 UMS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey4live)
    How do you know 43 is 100 UMS?
    These are the latest ISA boundaries available to us, these are the boundaries for the core science ISAs which have the same type of questions for the new spec. They've been published by the exam board in january 2013 and june2012 grade boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkgorilla)
    Thanks. I will try my best in the isa just have section 2 left. How much do you need for ums?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would say just to make sure get like 45 or 46

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YaYazooGirl)
    Hello! My name is Yasmine.
    I'm taking Triple Science, and I'm predicted A's. I'm currently in Year 10, and I got 75/100 in my UMS for B1. I'm an A student, and so I wanted to know how I can improve for next time.
    My C1 and P1 exams are in June, so I have a while to revise. We haven't even learnt Unit 2 yet so I have no idea when my exams for that unit is.
    Resources, websites, videos, revision guides and tips are welcome! And if you could help me come up with a revision timetable, I'd be forever indebted to you.
    Thanks!
    Hi
    I wouldn't be worried about not having finished one Unit 2 yet, as I haven't fully learnt P3 for this summer, but if it's more than one then I'd start self teaching. As for revision, I use Bitesize, CGP books and Sam Learning, and although your first exam result was on the low side you can still put it back easily with your ISA alone.

If you want an A* then I would resit though.

Hope it helps.

ReputationRep:
    C2 wasn't really a surprise , b2 was shocking I would have placed a bet that it wouldn't be higher than 44 a* and it turned out to be 48 but ISAs don't tend to change much

Posted from TSR Mobile
    B2 was extremely high I agree, I'm so happy I got 96 in that

ReputationRep:
    These are the latest ISA boundaries available to us, these are the boundaries for the core science ISAs which have the same type of questions for the new spec. They've been published by the exam board in january 2013 and june2012 grade boundaries

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OK thanks, its just that my teacher said I got a 95 UMS with a 43 raw mark for the Hooke's law physics ISA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey4live)
    OK thanks, its just that my teacher said I got a 95 UMS with a 43 raw mark for the Hooke's law physics ISA.
    Your teacher is just saying what he think that 43 will convert to so it's fine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.