Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA GCSE - Unit 3 (P3,B3,C3) New specification papers. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Good luck guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Anonymous)
    around the reigion of 47 being 91UMS, 95UMS around 52 and 99 UMS being 57

However, i will have a better idea once the exam has been sat
    that's really high!! i don't think it will be that high any tips for tomorrow??

ReputationRep:
    urm, my advise would be to revise from the AQA textbook, cgp textbook and do as many past papers as you can
    Not that there are any past papers

ReputationRep:
    I'm saying the grade boundaries will e about the same as for Bio unit 2, if not lower. This is most likely because there are no new past papers for the specification.

48 A* - Minimum for A* will be 44. Max 50-51
    39 A - Minimum 36. Max 42-43
    30 B - Minimum 28. Max 32-33

And for the #UMSLADS like myself,

100 UMS - 57/60 - Can't really see that going any lower than 54-55/60 I think. Max for 100 ums is probs gonna be 58-59. It's never been 100%=100 ums in the history of gcse biology exams.

ReputationRep:
    Easy exam no?

Grade boundaries will probably be high.
    My predictions:
    a*- 47
    a- 43

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farhan96)
    Easy exam no?

Grade boundaries will probably be high.
    My predictions:
    a*- 47
    a- 43
    47 sounds about right but, A grade boundary will be much lower - not 4 marks lol, maybe around 8 marks lower....

ReputationRep:
    Predictions what might come up in chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    47 sounds about right but, A grade boundary will be much lower - not 4 marks lol, maybe around 8 marks lower....

i think maybe lower for A* because everyone at my school found it quite difficult.....

ReputationRep:
    Esters/carboxylic acids, titration, precipitation reactions etc

ReputationRep:
    guys and girls do you reckon i will get the mark for the question in the b3 exam today, regarding explain the trend in the biomass thing by saying: food chain one has more energy tranferred and food chain 2 has less energy transferred - it 890,000 more kj or whatever the unit was?

ReputationRep:
    what does everyone think the grade boundaries will be for B3, higher/lower than B2

ReputationRep:
    Reasons for B3 lower
    1. Same time as b2 so revision is less thorough
    2. Not many people were as prepared for the 6marker and 5marker with the Animal production and Tadpole.

Reasons for B3 higher
    1. All GCSE exams have increased Grade boundaries slightly
    2. It was easy and straight-forward apart from a few questions.

ReputationRep:
    expected grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the answer to the tadpole question? What was substance x?

ReputationRep:
    guys and girls do you reckon i will get the mark for the question in the b3 exam today, regarding explain the trend in the biomass thing by saying: food chain one has more energy tranferred and food chain 2 has less energy transferred - it 890,000 more kj or whatever the unit was?
    That is exactly what I said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robynallcott)
    Anyone know the answer to the tadpole question? What was substance x?
    It was something to do with exchange materials that it has fold in it causing a large surface area and therefore faster rate of diffusion.

ReputationRep:
    shibucool i said that as well, you reckon i would get 2 marks for that?

ReputationRep:
    ahah lolface32, high five bro, you think we'll get a mark for that?
    however, looking back now i better answer would've been something like, the smaller the food chain, the more energy is transferred...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shibucool)
    It was something to do with exchange materials that it has fold in it causing a large surface area and therefore faster rate of diffusion.
    out of 60, what would would be the for grade an U & Just wonderig what the grade D well be ? Any rough estimations on the UMS score of 51 ?

ReputationRep:
    51 - about 95 UMS i would say.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.