Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

AQA GCSE - Unit 3 (P3,B3,C3) New specification papers. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Midnight1811)
    out of 60, what would would be the for grade an U & Just wonderig what the grade D well be ? Any rough estimations on the UMS score of 51 ?
    I think a U will be below 12 and a D will be 13-19

51 will be 97-100UMS

ReputationRep:
    Guys quick question about my revision, do you think watching and taking notes on the myGCSEscience videos and doing a couple of past papers is sufficient revision for my C2, C3, P2 and P3 exams next week? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cmorga1)
    Guys quick question about my revision, do you think watching and taking notes on the myGCSEscience videos and doing a couple of past papers is sufficient revision for my C2, C3, P2 and P3 exams next week? thanks
    He hasn't finished the C3 videos, so I think you'll struggle if you rely solely on myGCSEscience. I'd pick up the official AQA revision guide if I was you and revise from that.

However, I think you'll be fine revising using a mix of myGCSEscience and past papers for P3. Personally, I think the myGCSEscience videos for P3 are very helpful, more so than in my revision guide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe7)
    He hasn't finished the C3 videos, so I think you'll struggle if you rely solely on myGCSEscience. I'd pick up the official AQA revision guide if I was you and revise from that.

However, I think you'll be fine revising using a mix of myGCSEscience and past papers for P3. Personally, I think the myGCSEscience videos for P3 are very helpful, more so than in my revision guide.
    Ok I have the nelson thornes AQA endorsed guide so I shall use that for C3, it's just that I'm a visual learner and easily distracted :P

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    biology unit 3 grade boundaries people, well estimates...?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, do you know what might come up for the six marker?

ReputationRep:
    For which exam, chemistry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Anonymous)
    biology unit 3 grade boundaries people, well estimates...?
    As I said in the other thread, I think the A* boundary will be low 40's, probably around 42/60, and 100 UMS will be just over 50, around 51/60.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe7)
    As I said in the other thread, I think the A* boundary will be low 40's, probably around 42/60, and 100 UMS will be just over 50, around 51/60.
    Would you say the same to Physics and Chemistry ? #

What would you say is a grade D ?

ReputationRep:
    Would you say the same to Physics and Chemistry ? #

What would you say is a grade D ?
    It's impossible to predict the grade boundaries before you've sat the exam. I've seen A* fluctuate all the way from 39/60 for an A* to 51/60.

On the Biology exam, for a grade D, I would predict you'll only need around 7 marks.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you care so much about D and U grades ! Don't you think that 42 is really low...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has a thread been set up specifically for the P3 exam just yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain Anonymous)
    Why do you care so much about D and U grades ! Don't you think that 42 is really low...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It must be the minimum they need to get an A. How did you find it bro?

ReputationRep:
    Found it alright - should've been easy though :L I estimate that I got around 47-49 wbu bro?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe7)
    It's impossible to predict the grade boundaries before you've sat the exam. I've seen A* fluctuate all the way from 39/60 for an A* to 51/60.

On the Biology exam, for a grade D, I would predict you'll only need around 7 marks.

that's a bit low ? I know its an estimate but I would think that a 51 UMS (D) will be 17/60 ? Is that a bit too high ? I'm sure that grade boundaries fluctuate but just like to know what grade I need to maintain my current mark based on the ISA/Unit One and Unit Two.

ReputationRep:
    that's a bit low ? I know its an estimate but I would think that a 51 UMS (D) will be 17/60 ? Is that a bit too high ? I'm sure that grade boundaries fluctuate but just like to know what grade I need to maintain my current mark based on the ISA/Unit One and Unit Two.
    Going by the D boundary on past papers, I've never seen it higher than 11 or lower than 5. Therefore, I think 7 is a reasonable estimate due to the fact that I think the exam will have pretty low grade boundaries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe7)
    Going by the D boundary on past papers, I've never seen it higher than 11 or lower than 5. Therefore, I think 7 is a reasonable estimate due to the fact that I think the exam will have pretty low grade boundaries.

fair does pal, you might be wondering why is this person looking at D ? Well, it's simply because for just security weather or not I drop grades which will be disastrous. Cheers for your input mate, made me feel alot better than at 10:30 this morning . good luck in your results.

ReputationRep:
    Quick question about the actual exams guys:

Are we allowed to take in a highlighter and highlight key command words in the question?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    http://poll.pollcode.com/le3rb ---> vote her for the b3 paper yesterday (difficulty so we can work out - good estimates for grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what the six mark question could be on?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.