The Student Room Group

Need career advice.

To put it simply, I did not get the grades I needed in the January modules to go to medical school. Most school's want AAA/AAB I got CDD in Bio, Chem and Phys. It's becoming more evident that when I apply to various Uni's later this year, I simply won't get a 'sniff'.

I need help in finding a career/profession that will suit me! I don't care if it involves getting to that point via Uni or by apprenticeship.

Medicine is the only thing that has really captivated me. I'm incredibly enthusiastic about the subject of medicine, I just don't think I will get the opportunity to show my dedication to the field.

Other than medicine, the only thing that drives me is the thought of making a lot of money. I know, I know- you're supposed to find a career that you're enthusiastic about, not one that pays well, money shouldn't have anything to do with it. Fact is, I like the thought of having a big pay packet.

Medicine will always be my first choice.

Money will always be my second.

Looks like i won't be able to do medicine, so please, fellow TSR-ers, enlighten me on what I can do as a career. :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Never give up on your dream :smile: Have you applied to uni's? Can you take resits in June? :smile:
Have a look at open university as well, you can gain degree level qualifications on there in different sciences :smile:
Its rather rare that someone knows what they want to do in life, I for one have no clue, but if I did know I wouldn't let anything stop me :smile:
Hope this helped!
Reply 2
Original post by TobiasR
To put it simply, I did not get the grades I needed in the January modules to go to medical school. Most school's want AAA/AAB I got CDD in Bio, Chem and Phys. It's becoming more evident that when I apply to various Uni's later this year, I simply won't get a 'sniff'.

I need help in finding a career/profession that will suit me! I don't care if it involves getting to that point via Uni or by apprenticeship.

Medicine is the only thing that has really captivated me. I'm incredibly enthusiastic about the subject of medicine, I just don't think I will get the opportunity to show my dedication to the field.

Other than medicine, the only thing that drives me is the thought of making a lot of money. I know, I know- you're supposed to find a career that you're enthusiastic about, not one that pays well, money shouldn't have anything to do with it. Fact is, I like the thought of having a big pay packet.

Medicine will always be my first choice.

Money will always be my second.

Looks like i won't be able to do medicine, so please, fellow TSR-ers, enlighten me on what I can do as a career. :frown:

Fix up in june apply to a medical related course and then do postgraduate
Reply 3
You could look at graduate entry as mentioned above or wait a few years and do an access course as a mature student. If it's what you really want to do then I'm sure you'll succeed but you'll need to keep focussed and be willing for it to take quite a number of years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending