Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

How many hours revision a day are you going to do at Easter? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm really struggling with my revision in History. I'm finding it impossible to remember one side of the course - Pursuing Life and Liberty & Politics, Presidency and Society in the USA 1968-2001 - no matter how hard I try. I cannot understand politics! I'm fine with the other side of the course about the Crimean War, Boer Wars and First World War but I don't find all the stuff about presidents, congress and foreign policy etc interesting at all....
    I've made mindmaps for every topic, now....what do I do with them? Advice is appreciated!

Anyway, how many hours are you guys going to aim for? What subjects do you do?

ReputationRep:
    I do biology chemistry and psychology, will aim to write 1 model essay for psychology a day (will take 1-2hours), chemistry and biology perhaps i will probably revise 1-2 hours as well so roughly 3-5hours a day

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    dont work yourself out too much. normal school day worth maybe then relax for afew hours and then do another 1-2 before bed? (intending to anyway)

ReputationRep:
    I am aiming for 2 hours of study per day, I have an exam of child development therefore I have a gazzilion theories which I must memorize even though I will only around 5 of them!

But I must say some of it is quite interesting!

ReputationRep:
    More or less what I'm doing is a couple of hours (max 3) a night before sleeping... Varying the subjects every night, but I don't limit myself time-wise, do that and you'll find yourself rushing topics to try and get them done by a certain time! Far better to write what topics you're going to revise on and do it like that...

Good luck in your exams, hope you get the results you want! Make sure you don't over-do yourself over Easter though- too much work is never a good thing!!!! - J X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Buy this book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-AS-H...ref=pd_sim_b_4

And do these exercises with it: http://www.hodderplus.co.uk/myrevisi...erty/index.asp

As well as doing lots of past paper questions.

You won't find a better revision plan than that. The Hodder books are the best you can get.

ReputationRep:
    Well, considering the amount of lectures I've missed, I'll be spending a couple of weeks catching up with those and after that I intend to spend every waking moment revising.

This is the year I will not leave it all until the last second and becoming an irritable, stressed demon child a week before my exams like with my A-levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedMed12)
    dont work yourself out too much. normal school day worth maybe then relax for afew hours and then do another 1-2 before bed? (intending to anyway)
    "Don't work yourself out too much, just do 8 hours of revision a day."

Although its probably pretty good advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by battycatlady)
    Well, considering the amount of lectures I've missed, I'll be spending a couple of weeks catching up with those and after that I intend to spend every waking moment revising.

This is the year I will not leave it all until the last second and becoming an irritable, stressed demon child a week before my exams like with my A-levels
    ahaaa story of my lifeee!lol im in 2nd year college and missed loads of lessons (had a legit reason so not been waggin it or anything)!
    planning on 1hour a day,just being realistic -might not even get that much done tbh ,knowing my lazy nature!

ReputationRep:
    i am planning on doing 5 hrs

ReputationRep:
    6-10 hours depending on how busy I am with other things each day.

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.