Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

i'm supposed to draw the different stages of prophase, metapase, anaphase and telophase for Drosophila melanogaster ... a fruit fly..

the information that they gave was that D.melanogaster has 8 chromosomes in each of its somatic cells..

but i'm not sure how to draw!

the following is the image given in my tutorial notes... so i guess i'm supposed to draw something similar to that? Please teach me how to draw this.. if you know!

Thank you!

Julia

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Julia William)
    Hello,

i'm supposed to draw the different stages of prophase, metapase, anaphase and telophase for Drosophila melanogaster ... a fruit fly..

the information that they gave was that D.melanogaster has 8 chromosomes in each of its somatic cells..

but i'm not sure how to draw!

the following is the image given in my tutorial notes... so i guess i'm supposed to draw something similar to that? Please teach me how to draw this.. if you know!

Thank you!

Julia
    Draw what's given but simplify it a bit - it doesn't need to be so complicated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joostan)
    Draw what's given but simplify it a bit - it doesn't need to be so complicated.

but do i have to draw the 8 chromosomes? How do i draw it in the diagram.. particularly, for the prophase and telophase?

ReputationRep:
    but do i have to draw the 8 chromosomes? How do i draw it in the diagram.. particularly, for the prophase and telophase?
    Considering it is for a specific species I'd say yes draw 8 chromosomes.
    As for prophase and telophase it doesn't matter - the chromosomes have decondensed so just draw a squiggle. You could make it similar in size to the chromosomes if you wanted to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joostan)
    Considering it is for a specific species I'd say yes draw 8 chromosomes.
    As for prophase and telophase it doesn't matter - the chromosomes have decondensed so just draw a squiggle. You could make it similar in size to the chromosomes if you wanted to.

okay thank you!

ReputationRep:
    okay thank you!
    No worries

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.