Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    For those of you that are studying a degree in Adult nursing, why did you choose that branch and not child, mental health or learning disability?x

ReputationRep:
    Well everyone has their niche....

Are you trying to choose a branch?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gummibear)
    Well everyone has their niche....

Are you trying to choose a branch?

I've got an interview for Monday for Adult nursing, but although I know this is the branch I want to go down, I don't know how to word it! haha x

ReputationRep:
    Well for me, it was experience in the field that made me want to choose adult and I really like the diversity adult offers. Eventually though I want to be dual qualified in MH.
    I dont remember being asked why the field for adult, it was more why nursing? Where is your interview?

Read up on the francis report and drop it in if you can
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I went to a lecture about applying to Nursing which was run by the head of Nursing at Northumbria uni. I asked about this, because obviously you don't want to sound horrible saying you don't want to do mental health, learning disability or child. She said that she was 100% certain there was no chance of being asked that anywhere because there isn't a nice way to word it etc.

I was asked it at two of my interviews, which was pretty annoying.

I ended up saying about the appeal of the different opportunities within Adult nursing, and the huge variety of specialities open to you afterwards. I also talked about my interest in working in Palliative care, or in Surgery, so I felt that Adult nursing was more suited to me.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.