Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Does a good fashion uni want to see an entire art and design portfolio? or should it include just fashion including partern cutting, textiles, fashion sktches, mood board. Please need good advice

ReputationRep:
    Fashion design courses often send you a portfolio guideline so I suggest you stick to the email! They want to see your making and drawing skills as well as a variety of other work you may have done, such as photo shoots of your finished garments. Portfolios roughly have between 25-30 sheets including one or two whole projects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetie123456)
    Does a good fashion uni want to see an entire art and design portfolio? or should it include just fashion including partern cutting, textiles, fashion sktches, mood board. Please need good advice
    I am a fashion design lecturer. I look for creative potential, passion for the submit and evidence of your skills set, to,include observational drawing, critical awareness, cad, pattern cutting, garment manufacturing, research and synthesis, media experimentation and illustration, trend awareness Etc.. Photoshoots, textile samples, placements etc all help. Ensure your portfolio is well presented, include two sketchbooks and one or two garments.

Good luck and be yourself.
    David.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.