Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

teaching in China Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered an internship in China for two months with AIESEC in Wuhan...

can't decide whether to go or not!

has anyone on here done an AIESEC internship in China? can't actually find many reviews on the internet, except on the aiesec website itself.

also just in general... thoughts on Western girls travelling alone in Wuhan/China? I thought I'm going to have to go without facebook, it's going to be so hard haha.

ReputationRep:
    Goodluck hopefully you will have a great time there

ReputationRep:
    That's amazing go for it!!

I went on an exchange with AIESEC last summer for 7 weeks and I had the time of my life. I went to Xiamen which is on the coast, close to Taiwan , I too taught English; it was challenging but it was worth it. The beauty of AIESEC is that you won't have to travel alone, when you arrive in China there'll be other interns from all over the world and you can travelling with them. When I went to China I met people from America, Indonesia, Malaysia, Korea and many other countries. I loved AIESEC so much that I'm now a member at UCL-SOAS.

Opportunities like this are rare at university; yes, you will be out your comfort zone and the Chinese will probably stare at you, but you'll love it! If you need any advice regarding AIESEC or China let me know, I'll be pleased to help

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2013
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.