Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Am I in love? Watch

Is this love?

Don't care about losing my cool, want to be totally unselfish.
    Think about first time we talked more than any other conversation months/ years after.
    Think of being beautiful places with her.
    Dream of her in a maternity ward with my baby, and what sort of kids we'd have.
    Smile at the beaty of her picture.
    Love her voice and manner.
    Get this longing and shyness when I see her.
    Feel electricity when I saw her going past my home early one beautiful morning.
    Songs inspire fantasy scenarios of us, like me seeing her off when she has to go back home.
    Willing to work hard for something that is not straightforward attraction, more mental compatibaility, and a more potent longing.
    Willing to ditch other potential relationships cos I will wait to get a shot with her.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, there seems to be some sort of attraction and excitement coming from you when meeting or seeing her.

ReputationRep:
    You're not even in a relationship with her and you're in love :facepalm:

Your penis is in love, you're in the friend zone

I said it wasn't about sex.

ReputationRep:
    Is this one of those 'I have never spoken to her properly and we have never spent any time together properly, but I still love her' situations?

ReputationRep:
    That sounds more like an obsession than love to me...

(Original post by dartanoir)
    Is this one of those 'I have never spoken to her properly and we have never spent any time together properly, but I still love her' situations?
    I have spoken to her properly.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I agree with redferry, it sounds more like obsession. Love is one of those things where you just know. If you 'think' you're in love, you aren't. There's no mistaking it.

(Original post by canadamoose)
    Yeah, I agree with redferry, it sounds more like obsession. Love is one of those things where you just know. If you 'think' you're in love, you aren't. There's no mistaking it.
    Well it could develop. I felt something strong at first meeting and talking.
    And it's not like anything i've felt before, and I'm not that young.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I have spoken to her properly.
    Still I don't think you're in love. You may to some extent love her or adore her but you're definitely not in love. When you fall in love with someone it sort of hits you like a moving train.

ReputationRep:
    it sounds like you've swallowed a book of clichés

ReputationRep:
    i certainly do believe you are

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you love the idea of her.

(Original post by dartanoir)
    Still I don't think you're in love. You may to some extent love her or adore her but you're definitely not in love. When you fall in love with someone it sort of hits you like a moving train.
    This has hit me, it's constant longing for getting closer to her again, and not valueing other company. No=-one i've met has any any effect on me before or since like it.

but describe more to me, it would help me to know what you mean

ReputationRep:
    I'm not that young.
    How old are you exactly?

(Original post by MissApprehension)
    How old are you exactly?
    Early 30's. So is she.

ReputationRep:
    Is this love?

Don't care about losing my cool, want to be totally unselfish.
    Think about first time we talked more than any other conversation months/ years after.
    Think of being beautiful places with her.
    Dream of her in a maternity ward with my baby, and what sort of kids we'd have.
    Smile at the beaty of her picture.
    Love her voice and manner.
    Get this longing and shyness when I see her.
    Feel electricity when I saw her going past my home early one beautiful morning.
    Songs inspire fantasy scenarios of us, like me seeing her off when she has to go back home.
    Willing to work hard for something that is not straightforward attraction, more mental compatibaility, and a more potent longing.
    Willing to ditch other potential relationships cos I will wait to get a shot with her.
    You're in love

Just because you aren't sure doesn't mean that it isn't love, love grows and develops, or so I believe, and often one isn't conscious or sure of it...

Try to talk to her more, get closer, and try not to mention the baby-part (it might freak her out)

(Original post by ivy45)
    You're in love

Just because you aren't sure doesn't mean that it isn't love, love grows and develops, or so I believe, and often one isn't conscious or sure of it...

Try to talk to her more, get closer, and try not to mention the baby-part (it might freak her out)
    It's difficult to re-establish natrually, things to say etc. I dunno if she recalls me.

ReputationRep:
    It's difficult to re-establish natrually, things to say etc. I dunno if she recalls me.
    Well you can either languish in the idea of being in love with her, not knowing if your feelings are unrequited and a waste of your emotions, or you can do something about it.

You need to establish contact with her and ask her out on a date. This will allow you to explore whether you have anything in common with each other and whether there is a mutual spark which may lead to something more. On no account jump in the deep end and declare your undying love, it will freak her out and make her run a mile. Also if she makes it plain that she is not interested you must respect that, let her be and move on.

As you say you are not that young and to deny yourself the chance of other relationships while you are pinning all your hopes on one person, with whom you have no relationship and who doesn't know how you feel, is a big mistake - you could end up missing out on a lasting and fulfilling relationship with someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redferry)
    That sounds more like an obsession than love to me...
    Are you an expert?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2013
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.