Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Am I in love? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iron Lady)
    Are you an expert?
    Well I've had a lot more relationships than the OP (around 8 more I would guess)

(Original post by MissApprehension)
    Well you can either languish in the idea of being in love with her, not knowing if your feelings are unrequited and a waste of your emotions, or you can do something about it.

You need to establish contact with her and ask her out on a date. This will allow you to explore whether you have anything in common with each other and whether there is a mutual spark which may lead to something more. On no account jump in the deep end and declare your undying love, it will freak her out and make her run a mile. Also if she makes it plain that she is not interested you must respect that, let her be and move on.

As you say you are not that young and to deny yourself the chance of other relationships while you are pinning all your hopes on one person, with whom you have no relationship and who doesn't know how you feel, is a big mistake - you could end up missing out on a lasting and fulfilling relationship with someone else.
    Thanks for the input. But re other relationships, I'm not in a rush. I really don't have the whole must get married and have kids for the sake of it mentality, love comes before it. I know I fetl something more emotional and more potent than just attraction for this girl, there's people I have sexual attraction but no emotion for and this isn;t that.

ReputationRep:
    I think you're in love with a fantasy person you've projected onto her.

(Original post by aspirinpharmacist)
    I think you're in love with a fantasy person you've projected onto her.
    I feel it's unconditional, like I'd accept flaws based on what we shared, sort of love at first meeting. But it's more aburning, long term intrigue than a first sight passion or attraction, which makes me think it has sustainability.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like you are

ReputationRep:
    she's one lucky girl then!

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Ndella)
    It sounds like you are
    All I know it's i've been on this planet a long while, and I've had a load of hobbies and interests, and no particular feeling for a person that was like this.

It's best described that all my angst about what to do and my destiny could be made a simple thing by choosing her, it feels like what I want. And I don;t get bothered by being apart from anything else, or so concerned.

(Original post by lilmissshady)
    she's one lucky girl then!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why?
    well from a girls point of view if a guy holds feelings that deep for you, she's considered lucky....hope that's what she thinks when she finds out about your feelings

Posted from TSR Mobile

You may love her eventually; this infatuation may turn into a deep and real love, but you don't love her yet.

The best way I can express love is:

- Being confident in yourself with them; not being shy.
    - Not needing to impress them because you know that they love you anyway.
    - Knowing what they'll say before they say it themselves.
    - Waking up in the middle of the night and realising that you've been holding each other in your sleep.
    - Travelling any distance to be with them, not to share a beautiful sunset, but to sit at their hospital bed; helping them go to the toilet because they're too weak to do it themselves, changing the dressings on their bedsores, letting them squeeze your hand, so tight you think it will fall off, when they have injections.
    - Putting them first in everything; not to be noble, or to get something from them, or to satisfy your own idea of love, but because you would unflinchingly sacrifice everything for their well-being.

You have to go through a lot with a person to really love them; it may feel like love now (trust me, I've experienced all the things you describe and I thought I was in love too) but when you actually experience true love in all its terror and beauty, you'll know.

(Original post by lilmissshady)
    well from a girls point of view if a guy holds feelings that deep for you, she's considered lucky....hope that's what she thinks when she finds out about your feelings

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I dunno if I'm good enough for her, some have said I'm attractive but I dunno.
    She's so driven but she must want a guy at some point.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    You may love her eventually; this infatuation may turn into a deep and real love, but you don't love her yet.

The best way I can express love is:

- Being confident in yourself with them; not being shy.
    - Not needing to impress them because you know that they love you anyway.
    - Knowing what they'll say before they say it themselves.
    - Waking up in the middle of the night and realising that you've been holding each other in your sleep.
    - Travelling any distance to be with them, not to share a beautiful sunset, but to sit at their hospital bed; helping them go to the toilet because they're too weak to do it themselves, changing the dressings on their bedsores, letting them squeeze your hand, so tight you think it will fall off, when they have injections.
    - Putting them first in everything; not to be noble, or to get something from them, or to satisfy your own idea of love, but because you would unflinchingly sacrifice everything for their well-being.

You have to go through a lot with a person to really love them; it may feel like love now (trust me, I've experienced all the things you describe and I thought I was in love too) but when you actually experience true love in all its terror and beauty, you'll know.
    Sounds powerful. I know that I don't know her much, but I don't care, it felt special talking to her and touched me in a way no other girl has. Maybe it's nerdy to hold out or sentimental, but isn;t it better to long for someone, even if theres pain, if they are special? I feel like destiny has sent me her.

Contact isn;t easy, is the problem.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 26, 2013
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.