Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Just realised that in my report handed in earlier this month, I used times roman font 10 in tables rather than 12. Oh well. if such silly mistake happened to one of you, would you care to share how many marks you lost over that specifically? I'm thinking maybe 5-10% off?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think It would of given you massive loss, especially if it is printed.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    For such a small mistake I doubt they'd do anything. It's not like you've made the writing illegible or not cited things properly. It's just that some writing will be slightly smaller than desired.

ReputationRep:
    On my course (history) our grading is divided into 6 categories, and one of them is formatting/presentation. Which is worth 16% of the grade. Although even if you do everything they want i've never been given 100% in that category and despite doing the same kind every time with them finding no mistakes I get between 2.2 - First in that category. It depends on the marker greatly, so I hope you have a good marker :-)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys! Will get the result in a week or two...until then, the wait the continues...

ReputationRep:
    For all our assignments spelling, grammar and formatting are worth 10%. I don't think you'd loose much of that for one formatting error, I believe most marks are lost, for us at least, if your referencing format is incorrect.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.