Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

If one revised purely from CGP revision guides (no textbooks or class notes). Watch

ReputationRep:
    If your teachers are telling you CGP books are useless, ask them to make power points with all the relevant information you need. They should know textbooks give too much irrelevant information, if you revised from those in the way most do from CGP books (making pretty detailed notes from each page) it would take you months. At my school, I think they appreciate that it would be too much work to learn big chunks of irrelevant information like that, my science teachers have made power points and given out past paper packs and homework booklets with mark schemes attached to revise from if CGP books aren't sufficient..and although some schools state that all of the [boring] content for Religious Studies is necessary, my school made two PowerPoints for Philosophy and Ethics and they sum up pretty much everything you need to know (I do OCR)... but I revised from just CGP books for Core Science and although I only do Foundation on that paper I got 100%.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't get the reason why cgp books views from GCSE are so "great" then are said to be "awful" for A-levels.. At GCSE I used the books and found them very useful but at A-levels they're not?

ReputationRep:
    Yep.. Im doing tiple science too and CGP revision guides are litterally the best you can find...

ReputationRep:
    Don't buy the Student Book for GCSE Science from CGP though, just get the revision guides! I made the mistake of buying both and they had the exact same information in except one was condensed and one was spread out!

ReputationRep:
    Truee

ReputationRep:
    What were your a level results
    (Original post by Rumaanaa)
    I looove CGP books,theyr brill!My psych teacher does'nt approve of them and she had the small AS Psychology version& the normal thin one so she let me have them for free.Thinking of just using them for my AS resits ?Its the relvant examine board too?Plus,my notes from last year are a mess ,cba using them again!
    Same goes for AS biology, iv bought the small one and the normal A4 size-aand iv got the thin one for English language too 8)
    p.s anyone got any revision tips on how to revise off the books? iv got 9 exams in the summer gonna start revision during Easter hols hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    It says what grade they're for on them so definitely an A* on the full higher ones

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.