Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi guys, I am first year student studying CS at hertfordshire.
    I have been doing Comp sci for semester A and Semester B, now I have 3 days to decide whether I should go I.T or stay in C.S

Here's my problem.
    I love things like web design and learning how to make websites etc
    but I dont enjoy complicated programming languages like Java where I have had soo MUCH help from my friends through out each and every course work.
    Most of my friends are doing C.S and say there is a better career path there and wider opportunities than I.T. But I don't think I can handle programming I just suck at it so badly... and If I carry on I might FLOP completely and just end up wasting my whole tution fee!

What should I do? I really just cant do programming but I.T seems like their isn't any jobs to it?
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.