2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dr.Ugs
I live here so I had a VIP meeting with the admissions tutor last year :cool:

ahhh keeping my mind at ease! thanks again <3
Reply 2041
Original post by raveen789
ahhh keeping my mind at ease! thanks again <3

No probs. The medical school is top class! You will love it. Though the building looks really old lol :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've just sat my UKCAT and got 770 and Band 1 SJT, achieved A levels of A*AAA, AS levels were AAAA and GCSEs of 6A*s and 6As. I'm thinking of applying to Newcastle, Leeds, Sheffield and Leicester, any thoughts? i applied last year and got no interviews or offers so i want to make sure that doesnt happen again
Original post by Philippamalko
I've just sat my UKCAT and got 770 and Band 1 SJT, achieved A levels of A*AAA, AS levels were AAAA and GCSEs of 6A*s and 6As. I'm thinking of applying to Newcastle, Leeds, Sheffield and Leicester, any thoughts? i applied last year and got no interviews or offers so i want to make sure that doesnt happen again

Congrats, great choices.
Reply 2044
Original post by ameelia22
Congrats, great choices.

2 days to go! How you feeling? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2045
Original post by sidmanny
Wow well done, how did you get it up by that much? Were you revising for hours every day for weeks beforehand? Or just used a better strategy? I've got mine on the 3rd :frown: I got about 630 average last year without much prep. I've done a bit more this year but still don't feel at all confident. I was terrified about QR last year but it was the AR that threw me, I got 540 in that section. Now I'm scared about both! And timing on VR. Any last minute tips?

atleast six hours a day for just over a week I think, more realistic mocks... and my #1 top tip = don't be disheartened by mock scores or having to guess loads, just keep practising, it's the experience and familiarity that counts!

Original post by Dr.Ugs
Wow! :biggrin: congrats! What did you use to prepare? and what was the before and after if i may ask? :colone::colone::colone::colone:

cheers! medify :smile: and very similar to the quote below!

Original post by itsmagic
Don't **** it haha, I've actually heard far more stories of people doing better than worse when they reapply (not just on TSR so it's not overly biased!)
My average went up from 630 last year to 790 this year and I definitely was NOT expecting it! So don't lose hope!! Best of luck :biggrin:

Gooood luck!!
Reply 2046
Original post by tdx
atleast six hours a day for just over a week I think, more realistic mocks... and my #1 top tip = don't be disheartened by mock scores or having to guess loads, just keep practising, it's the experience and familiarity that counts!

cheers! medify :smile: and very similar to the quote below!

Gooood luck!!

Thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SamEastie
Similar to me in terms on UKCAT (I got 665) and A2- A*A*A
I'm applying to Leeds and Keele, I believe you'd be okay for those two.
And then Cardiff and Bristol, but maybe your GCSE's would let you down a little bit.
Sheffield is okay for you, as is BSMS and UEA. Erm.. Liverpool and Lancaster possibly?
They're the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Thank you very much for the reply! and i am looking the entry requirements to bristol on their website and it says i only require 5 A's at gcse?

I am thinking Leeds, Sheffield, Keele, Lancaster/Liverpool, UEA
I want to apply to Imperial this time around, so i'm taking the BMAT. But I need some help and don't want to for the kaplan course because its quite expensive and i heard its not that useful, so are there any other courses people know of, or where I can find a personal tutor for my preparation.
Original post by Dr.Ugs
2 days to go! How you feeling? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Like I'd rather have someone pull a gun out and shoot me up the ass.

(Too graphic?)

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME

Yourself?
Reply 2050
Original post by ameelia22
Like I'd rather have someone pull a gun out and shoot me up the ass.

(Too graphic?)

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME

Yourself?

Lol felt like that before but I'm feeling like "get this over the **** with! "

How you finding the mocks? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi guys, when filling out your UCAS forms, did you put in modular grades for each subject or just one overall grade?
Reply 2052
Original post by AAA_
I want to apply to Imperial this time around, so i'm taking the BMAT. But I need some help and don't want to for the kaplan course because its quite expensive and i heard its not that useful, so are there any other courses people know of, or where I can find a personal tutor for my preparation.

medify's really good for ukcat, a lot cheaper than kaplan and they say they're releasing a similar course for BMAT that is 'coming soon' I imagine it will be just as good as the ukcat one :smile:
Original post by mubashir9995
hi guys, when filling out your UCAS forms, did you put in modular grades for each subject or just one overall grade?

Overall, don't need module grades unless you want to.
Has anybody ever used an exclamation mark in their personal statement? My teacher updated my a little by re arranging words and stuff and put one in. Im not sure if it looks tacky so I might edit it out!
Original post by raveen789
Has anybody ever used an exclamation mark in their personal statement? My teacher updated my a little by re arranging words and stuff and put one in. Im not sure if it looks tacky so I might edit it out!

Generally just sounds like naive overenthusiasm, I don't think I've ever seen an appropriate exclamation mark in a PS.
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Generally just sounds like naive overenthusiasm, I don't think I've ever seen an appropriate exclamation mark in a PS.

It looks ok but I don't want to risk it so I will edit it out. Thanks!
Reply 2057
Hey guys,
Is anyone on a second gap year?
So depressing seeing ALL your friends go to Uni.

By the way does anyone know if Kings College give preference to students with achieved A-level results? I got really bad GCSE's but my UKCAT's 745 not sure if it's worth applying :confused:
I got Band 3 in my UKCAT do you think that will affect my application in any way and which uni's will take into consideration seriously.
Original post by ashamoh
Hey guys,
Is anyone on a second gap year?
So depressing seeing ALL your friends go to Uni.

By the way does anyone know if Kings College give preference to students with achieved A-level results? I got really bad GCSE's but my UKCAT's 745 not sure if it's worth applying :confused:

I'm on a second gap year too! It's quite annoying seeing freshers pics from my former year and the year below me but it's well.

I think kcl is risky, I think 5A*s+ with 745 might be appropriate. Kcl use UKCAT and GCSE's on a sliding scale.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending