Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ameelia22)
    The TSR test scores are such a joy kill.
    That's the plan haha, thanks for the tips!

Like end of October isn't it?

WHY NEWCASTLE WHY
    Not sure but it would be very convenient if it was before the 15th!

ReputationRep:
    Guysss, really need some help on interpreting my results - they're so unbalanced!! (Does that matter?!?!?)

VR: 670

QR: 720

AR: 650

DA: 870

AVERAGE: 727.5

SJT: Band 1

Which medical schools use the UKCAT average, and which look at particular modules? If this has already been answered please point me in the right direction. All help is much appreciated, please reply on the thread or private message would be great.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AAA_)
    Thanks, and is the course actually done over the internet?
    yeah all over the internet, if it's the same as the ukcat one which I imagine it will be, they have 'tutorials' which are basically like an online textbook explaining what each subtest aims to test, how it's done, what's expected of you, common errors, different strategies e.t.c. and then there's a huge bank of practise questions and finally three different mock exams only problem is you don't have an actual tutor to explain where you go wrong, however the answer explanations tend to be sufficient for you to work that out for yourself! I'd phone them to find out when they're releasing the BMAT one though. and also the BMAT 400 q's along with official past papers tend to be good for prep!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlavaFavourFruit)
    We have the same GCSE's :ahee:

Your first 3 choices are good, but Exeter have a UKCAT overall cut off of 625+ from last year. I would suggest UEA? I'm sure UEA consider resits..
    Cool
    I would apply for UEA but they ask for an A* in Chemistry if I resit it which is impossible for me :P
    So i guess i'll just apply to exeter and be prepared for a rejection as I have no other choice

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what the cut off Ukcat score is for Plymouth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amara Naz)
    Cool
    I would apply for UEA but they ask for an A* in Chemistry if I resit it which is impossible for me :P
    So i guess i'll just apply to exeter and be prepared for a rejection as I have no other choice
    Sure but why don't you put biomed or something like that as your 4th and 5th option? Instead of applying somewhere where you know is very risky.

Plymouth is simile to Exeter cut off too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlavaFavourFruit)
    Sure but why don't you put biomed or something like that as your 4th and 5th option? Instead of applying somewhere where you know is very risky.

Plymouth is simile to Exeter cut off too.
    Not much point as I'm applying to study Medicine abroad too. So if I don't get in here then I'm off abroad as they have lower entry requirements abroad and bio med doesn't interest me much

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

So just wanted to know if I realistically have any chances of getting into medical school this year.
    GCSE's: 4 A*'s and 6 A's.
    A levels achieved: AAB (Maths, Biology and B in Chem but am predicted an A when I re sit)
    As level: A (Religious studies)
    UKCAT: VR 500 QR 600 AR 610 DA 700 Band 2 Average: 602.5
    Applying for Medicine at: Liverpool, lancaster, bsms and exeter

Work experience: Hospital, eye ward, GP, primary school, residential home, charity shop.
    Other involvements: Lots of fundraising, head of charities at college, helped out lots at school and college, first aid course, job at kumon (tutoring company).
    Extra curricular activities: fundraising, reading novels, sports (badminton and swimming)

Any feedback will be great
    Hi I got a similar UKCAT score of 593 and am applying to Lancastar liverpool and BSMS aswell but have chosen cardiff instead of exeter- exeter do look at UKCAT quite a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1357)
    Hi I got a similar UKCAT score of 593 and am applying to Lancastar liverpool and BSMS aswell but have chosen cardiff instead of exeter- exeter do look at UKCAT quite a bit.
    Yep Cardiff is a better choice. Unfortunately I can't apply there as I have no extenuating circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    Not much point as I'm applying to study Medicine abroad too. So if I don't get in here then I'm off abroad as they have lower entry requirements abroad and bio med doesn't interest me much
    Fair enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugby1)
    Guysss, really need some help on interpreting my results - they're so unbalanced!! (Does that matter?!?!?)

VR: 670

QR: 720

AR: 650

DA: 870

AVERAGE: 727.5

SJT: Band 1

Which medical schools use the UKCAT average, and which look at particular modules? If this has already been answered please point me in the right direction. All help is much appreciated, please reply on the thread or private message would be great.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your ukcat isn't that unbalanced, mine ranged from 510-900. Nottingham put weighings on each ukcat category but no one knows how its done. Other universities have cut off for each section but to be honest you've proberbly exceeded them so you could apply to almost anywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I am a re-appling for medical school hoping for some interviews this time as last year my ukcat was 580 and AS's were ABC (what was I thinking)

Currently I have:
    A levels: AAA in Bio Chem and Maths with A at AS in History
    4A*'s and 6 A's at GCSE
    UKCAT score of 705 (although I got 460 in VR haha) SJT Band 3
    Work experience of a week in a hospital, coaching a special needs rugby team, care assistant job in a care home and I'm off to volunteer in a hospital in Africa for 3 months in May.

I am hoping to apply to Newcastle, Glasgow, Dundee and UEA/Sheffield/Hull-York. Do you think these choices are a good or bad idea? And if any uni's look at each sub test on the ukcat separately? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadamePuddifoot)
    Hey I just sent my UCAS form off and for some reason I was under the impression that there would be somewhere where I would be able to declare that I've previously applied through UCAS but there wasn't. Did I just make that up? Am I supposed to notify UCAS in any way? Sorry if this has been asked before
    Does anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    Cool
    im in pretty much exactly the same situation as you, applying to the same uni's and resitting chem, i got 685 but i still think its too low for exeter, so im thinking about resitting biology to get predicted an a* so i can apply to UEA so ill have a realistic chance of an interview

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I know there might have already been discussion about it, but I'm really worried because my personal statement is really similar to my one last year. Will I get penalised for not having changed it much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oliviaa4)
    Hi, I know there might have already been discussion about it, but I'm really worried because my personal statement is really similar to my one last year. Will I get penalised for not having changed it much?
    Same here!

ReputationRep:
    Lmao PS help service is temporarily closed :rofl:

When something is free, we all gotta grab it! :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Yo guyz, when I went to Exeter I was really out off by the fact the medical school was kinda out of the way of the rest of the campus. Oh and you're stuck out there with the sports science jocks. Anyone else get this feeling?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, new member here

I'm thinking of applying to med school, and wanted to get any feedback about my chances of getting in. Here's my stats:

Achieved A levels: A*A*BB in Maths, Bio, Chem & Further Maths respectively
    As level: A in French
    IGCSE's: 8A*s, an A and B
    UKCAT: Average = 770, Band 2. Total = 3080

UCAS tarriff: 610 (extra A level + music qualification)
    Applying for Medicine at: Keele, Bart's, King's, St. George's (?)

Work experience: Hospital, neuro rehab centre, primary school, day care centre, cancer care centre.
    Extra curricular activities: Music (post Gd 8 piano), form assistant for junior school, badminton

Thanks for your help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugby1)
    Yo guyz, when I went to Exeter I was really out off by the fact the medical school was kinda out of the way of the rest of the campus. Oh and you're stuck out there with the sports science jocks. Anyone else get this feeling?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've never been to Exeter, I'm just in love with the idea of it lol.

Has everyone been to the universities they're applying to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.