Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mubashir9995)
    Are liverpool and lancaster the same unis just like newcastle and durham? If they are then does that mean they have the same criteria and same chances of getting in?
    (Original post by mubashir9995)
    hi guys, just wanted to know whether the 'applying to your strengths' page is up to date?
    Yes, Liverpool and Lancaster constitute a single med school (like Newcastle/Durham and Hull/York). Each part will have similar criteria, but AFAIK they run their selection processes independently. Thus, if you apply to both and satisfy the criteria, you could get two interviews. But conversely, if you apply to both and don't satisfy the criteria, you've lost half your med school choices.
    It's always best to double-check anything you read on the 'applying using your strengths' page, or other pages. The wiki is maintained by volunteers, so mistakes and oversights are possible. Nevertheless, I think you can trust what it says about the priorities of each med school, but I would double-check details like cutoff figures. If you spot any mistakes or omissions, please flag them.
    Good luck!

(Original post by SuziieB)
    Guys I just randomly had a thought that maybe I could apply to bristol. What do they place emphasis on?
    Bristol expects you'll get AAA or better, doesn't care about UKCAT or BMAT, and puts a lot of emphasis (80%) on the personal statement and the rest (20%) on your best 8 GCSEs. Good luck!

(Original post by MissJayySee)
    Thank you for clearing this up!
    More accurate info was posted after the post you thanked - just want to check you saw it.

(Original post by ynm1)
    Anyone know whether Cardiff would overlook mediocre GCSE grades provided you have already achieved AAA+? I really really really want to go there ((((((
    (Original post by ynm1)
    it says "Our applicants have strong academic records – in the 2012/13 applications round, most of those selected for interview had the equivalent of four/five A* grades at GCSE and/or AAA grades at A2 Level." Does AAA substitute mediocre GCSEs?
    I doubt they will relax minimum GCSE grade requirements, if that is what you're asking, but you could consider doing resits this year. If you do that, make sure your school mentions your plan in the reference they provide. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlavaFavourFruit)
    I have a funny feeling he was joking hence the

(Original post by SuziieB)
    Oh, I always manage to completely disregard smileys lol. I can't imagine the poster actually making that face behind the computer screen...

And I thought Dr.Ugs is a woman?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was actually not joking lol I'm planning to send it to my ex-head of house in the morning so she can see it during the day. Then I will have a weekend to do my PS

by the way I'm a girl LOL :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    Must have miss that!! :lol:
    Haha! I was basically trying to b clever with my name. Stick a dot in the word and it's Dr.Ugs who prescribes drugs :mmm: I know it's a sad joke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Ugs)
    Haha! I was basically trying to b clever with my name. Stick a dot in the word and it's Dr.Ugs who prescribes drugs :mmm: I know it's a sad joke
    Wow I never caught that before! That is very clever, I always presumed your surname was Ugs or that you were a massive fan of Ugg boots or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SusieShire)
    Wow I never caught that before! That is very clever, I always presumed your surname was Ugs or that you were a massive fan of Ugg boots or something
    LOL no chance and thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lmao I see!

There's a user called: aspirinpharmacist :rofl:

Yes you're a girl ! I'm on the app, it doesn't have that gender symbol

ReputationRep:
    Lmao I see!

Yes you're a girl ! I'm on the app, it doesn't have that gender symbol
    Lol that is so clever! Damn! I have seen the username before but I always read it as "aspiring" hahahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol that is so clever! Damn! I have seen the username before but I always read it as "aspiring" hahahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lmao I see!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've always admired the cleverness of that username when I've seen it! My name's not clever at all. Susie is my actual name and Shire comes from my love of The Lord of the Rings and my desire to be a hobbit. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    I've always admired the cleverness of that username when I've seen it! My name's not clever at all. Susie is my actual name and Shire comes from my love of The Lord of the Rings and my desire to be a hobbit. :moon:
    Lol I always thought your second name must be shire I feel like an idiot lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol I always thought your second name must be shire I feel like an idiot lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah, I'd never use my full name on a public forum! Although it would be cool if Shire was my real name... I like alliterations though so I chose a word beginning with S to go with my name

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I'd never use my full name on a public forum! Although it would be cool if Shire was my real name... I like alliterations though so I chose a word beginning with S to go with my name
    Lol ssss sinister joke

Aspirinpharmacist has got to be the best I've seen so far. Although on killzone someone was called "helpabusivedad" which was both funny ad disturbing! :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I hate my college.
    I was planning to take Biology A2 exams there this year but they've changed their policy and don't let previous students resit/take any exams unless they've enrolled onto the course sigh.
    So now I have to do AS&A2 bio in a year on a new exam board :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

sent off my second attempt at getting into med school this weekend
    :bhangra:

Applied to Bristol, Keele, Soton and HYMS.

That is all

ReputationRep:
    About to push send, not sure whether I should hold of and wait till tomorrow night in case my friends pick something out on it!!

ReputationRep:
    how long does it take for the referee to upload a reference of submit to ucas, ive yet to notify my referee...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chi-)
    how long does it take for the referee to upload a reference of submit to ucas, ive yet to notify my referee...
    Depends on how efficient they are. I used my head of sixth form as my referee this year despite not actually being a sixth form student. It took him a couple of days to write my reference and send it off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! For anyone still unsure about putting in achieved grades, I called up JUST NOW and they said that you just need to put GCE advanced level and not AS aswell unless you didnt carry it on to A2

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! For anyone still unsure about putting in achieved grades, I called up JUST NOW and they said that you just need to put GCE advanced level and not AS aswell unless you didnt carry it on to A2
    even if both were certified?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panjabiflower)
    even if both were certified?
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.